• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Muskie/Pike Fishing

Mschmeiske

SH Member
How many die hard Esox hunters do we have on here?

-Where are you from?
-Do you primarily fish rivers or lakes?
-What are some of your favorite lures?
-Largest Muskie/Pike to date?

I’m from NY and primarily fish rivers and some surrounding lakes too. A few lures I run on the regular are Double 8 bucktails, Storm Thunderbeasts, and recently I’ve been trying to get into glide baits more. My largest Muskie was 46” and my largest Pike was 39”
I’m strictly catch and release when it comes to them.

Clinch River Musky and Stripes here in East TN! Have had some luck with big EP fiber streamers tied onto 2OOT hooks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200123-124323_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200123-124323_Gallery.jpg
    692.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20200123-124310_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200123-124310_Gallery.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 34
I sometimes target pike. I toss flies or crank baits from shore occasionally but love getting them through the ice the most. I typically fish Lake Michigan and tribs for them.

33580485943190902cb2e420fb137d6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only been fishing in an area that held musky and pike on 2 different trips for fishing small mouth. The pike was a nuisance, the musky was cool to catch one and check it off the list and get back the small mouth. We would actually jerk our baits away from the pike. Didn’t want to deal with that.

4459d12bba734717d08eb4054b87cbf0.jpg

769fc40a38836b47a3f6340cbefd6eaa.jpg

751f49f207db5940c62852ef85b6beb1.jpg

Great White North gator hunter here.

-Where are you from? -> Great White North
-Do you primarily fish rivers or lakes? -> Nice try, find your own spot!!! I'd recommend you stay south of the border.
-What are some of your favorite lures? -> Catch a mooneye, cut it in half and dead bait it - the bigger the better. (check regs, that may not be legal)
-Largest Muskie/Pike to date? -> multiple Northern's at 42"

1579810581159.png
1579810620381.png
1579810950929.png

How many die hard Esox hunters do we have on here?

-Where are you from?
-Do you primarily fish rivers or lakes?
-What are some of your favorite lures?
-Largest Muskie/Pike to date?

I fish rivers and lakes. Casting only, trolling is for sissies... :cool:

Lake: Big spinnerbaits
River: Big soft plastic swimbaits

I've got two that were 46". One was 25#, the other was 29#. Still looking for my 50+ incher...

Screenshot_2020-01-23-16-04-25.png

I love fishing for pike and muskies. those things are just plain mean. I may have the record for the smallest ever caught on hook and line. I once lip hooked, and successfully landed :tearsofjoy: , a 2.5 inch muskie fry on a 4 in daredevil.

There's no way that fish thought it could eat something that size, it had to be hitting it just to be mean! I need to see if I can find that picture.

some nice pikes on here, we just fish them out of boredom mostly, when other stuff isnt biting. noone in our family really likes to eat them with all those tiny little bones

some nice pikes on here, we just fish them out of boredom mostly, when other stuff isnt biting. noone in our family really likes to eat them with all those tiny little bones
I strictly catch and release them but I really enjoy sight fishing them in the shallows in the spring when the water is clear. It's almost unbelievable how quick they are when they finally decide to strike.

I strictly catch and release them but I really enjoy sight fishing them in the shallows in the spring when the water is clear. It's almost unbelievable how quick they are when they finally decide to strike.
we kill them when we catch them, they eat too many of the other good fish in the lakes around here. Pike are a dime a dozen in the MN lakes

we kill them when we catch them, they eat too many of the other good fish in the lakes around here. Pike are a dime a dozen in the MN lakes

We get walleye guys complaining here, but I watch them take limits day after day, so I don’t believe that stuff personally.

We get walleye guys complaining here, but I watch them take limits day after day, so I don’t believe that stuff personally.
I dunno, I've caught less and less good sized sunfish and walleye and more and more like since I was a kid, I'm no fish expert

Vigilante fisheries management... what could go wrong?
Exactly! Vigilante justice! I dont really catch enough to hurt the population

Personal best pike - 38"
Caught on a big spinnerbait while musky fishing...
Screenshot_2020-01-23-19-25-43-1.png

I love fishing for pike and muskies. those things are just plain mean. I may have the record for the smallest ever caught on hook and line. I once lip hooked, and successfully landed :tearsofjoy: , a 2.5 inch muskie fry on a 4 in daredevil.

There's no way that fish thought it could eat something that size, it had to be hitting it just to be mean! I need to see if I can find that picture.

My wife has a knack for stuff like that...
Screenshot_2020-01-23-19-33-13.png

Back