• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New from western PA

Jagger0502

SH Member
Hey, new fella here from Lake Arthur area. Had someone from this site help me out on a lot of questions before I ordered my first saddle last week. Waiting for it in the mail and took his advice to sign on here to learn a few more things.

What's up from the same area, I fish Arthur a lot when it's not covered in ice.

Prob have seen you out there sometime in the boat. But I also spend most of my winter sitting on the ice out there.

Last edited:
Prob have seen you out there sometime in the boat. But I also spend most of my winter sitting on the ice out there.
I'm in a green kayak with a trolling motor/fish finder, I stick out a bit. Tried ice fishing once, froze, never went again.

I didnt know that's where you were!?! Wher abouts? Hows the hunt going this year?

Youngsville

It's going, nothing in the freezer yet, let a small, but legal buck walk Saturday. He made a scrape 24 yards from me. They're really starting to move, have a couple pics of big boys on cell cam during the day working scrapes.

How about you?

I picked up a doe tag in 2F. Scouted it off the boat over the summer and figured it would be a good late season pack in trip this winter for muzzleloader. If the lake was open might even take the boat in and set up a base camp rather than hike everything in on my back. Hopefully I won’t have buck tag by then!

I picked up a doe tag in 2F. Scouted it off the boat over the summer and figured it would be a good late season pack in trip this winter for muzzleloader. If the lake was open might even take the boat in and set up a base camp rather than hike everything in on my back. Hopefully I won’t have buck tag by then!

I've been wanting to do that for so long up here, just need to pick up the right boat. A baja 210 and a seadoo xp aren't really meant for hunting trips.

Might not be meant for it... but they will work. Get you there a lot faster than my boat will.

Youngsville

It's going, nothing in the freezer yet, let a small, but legal buck walk Saturday. He made a scrape 24 yards from me. They're really starting to move, have a couple pics of big boys on cell cam during the day working scrapes.

How about you?
It's been a slow year for me, but things are picking up! Havent been up your way but 2 times this year. New baby out the kibosh on archery hunting up there. Those woods are like none others I've been in, I've been told that it a low density part of the state but, not from what I see and the antler restrictions helped out up there more than anywhere else IMO.... good luck fellas!

Might not be meant for it... but they will work. Get you there a lot faster than my boat will.

I just need to find the right 16'-17' aluminum v hull for cheap and fix it up. I've really been wanting to bear hunt on the reservoir, glass snowy hill sides after the leaves are off the trees and finding one to go after.

:tearsofjoy: Now I'm daydreaming in my office.

Back