• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

One Stick gallery

paxamus

I was thinking about changing up my one stick game (have a cut down helium and a mini shikar)- still can’t decide on what I want to do. So during this I thought why don’t we have a gallery for everyone to show off their one stick ideas and that way it could be one thread with a bunch of ideas?! I’ll post pics up shortly- mines nothing to brag on! Let’s see y’all’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a18acfc10933d4bc948372ba875a3c4b.jpg

90bdaf016e9ffe8d2843cf7e99531f98.jpg

a4a09be7c331260c1c4ddc057cfc72d4.jpg

5f4a89499c6171ec44b34186cf3e1505.gif

I have a scout on the way I’m going to mount on with the artisan for more real estate up top and a light weight bottom step with sewn 2 step aider from @DanO to add at the PA hang out at the end of the month.

Sent from parts unknown

Using the same concept just a different tool. Haven’t found the stick offering any advantages over the platform. View attachment 29172

can you send me some more pics of what you did to your vantage in order for your post to stay at a 60 to 90 degree angle v.s it wanting to go flip over to 180 degrees. hope that makes sense

I'm running a few different 1 sticking set ups. Even though I'm one sticking, I do like to use a long tether for rappeling. So, I do put preset cord so that I'm not moving my tether up. In those conditions I'm using the 18inch Hawk with 2 step aider and a ROS. I can get 20ish in 3 moves.

For all others I'm using the short stick with built in platform and 2 step aider.
5da596da0f918432498d4c1c6d2b7c7f.jpg
44266074d9b50d567b5b764e762c9ac7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

can you send me some more pics of what you did to your vantage in order for your post to stay at a 60 to 90 degree angle v.s it wanting to go flip over to 180 degrees. hope that makes sense

It was an Assault II I think. I didn’t do anything to it. I cam lock it at hunting height & strap it together while climbing. Been running it for 3 yrs & found on soft tree I have to cam lock it twice to keep it from slipping past 90 but all good on hardwood trees.

It was an Assault II I think. I didn’t do anything to it. I cam lock it at hunting height & strap it together while climbing. Been running it for 3 yrs & found on soft tree I have to cam lock it twice to keep it from slipping past 90 but all good on hardwood trees.

you used the original post that came with the stand?

What's your thoughts on putting the scout on the bottom rung as opposed to the top? Something to do with the mini stick?

I’ve tried both with the mini. I prefer the bottom because it give me more versatility than on top. Was just as solid for me in both positions. I just liked the double step on top to use when making harder shots.

Also my shins came close to hitting the scout while standing on the double steps in the bottom position. Didn’t happen but it was too close. Didn’t want to bang a shin on the climb and scare all the deer away when I screamed like a little girl.

I know this thread is a little old but I'm surprised more people haven't posted. Here's the set up I'm using this season
8799efed543b866973825e79f4686a90.jpg
8fd4db3e97080babd3d808a4765bb409.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That’s a really slick way to attach that cord- how’s you do that? Also does it show any signs of wear?

Is this the ultra light from danO ?

I ordered a 15 inch featherstick from DanO and all the components. It was super slick actually. I asked him to piece together the perfect one stick + rappell set up for me. He created a shopping cart on his website and emailed me a link. We discussed the aider length and I ordered the parts. I got everything in the mail and assembled it myself. The Harken 150 cam cleat came from somewhere on the internet I forget the website but I'm sure amazon sells them.
That’s a really slick way to attach that cord- how’s you do that? Also does it show any signs of wear?

Thank you. I was able to feed the rope through a hole and out the end of the featherstick. I tied a stopper knot and placed some shrink tube around the rope. I also sanded the the hole in the stick to make the edge less abrasive. So far its held up well but I only have about 10 climbs with it. I'm not sure how it will hold up this season but I will make sure to update the post if I notice it beginning to wear.

I ordered a 15 inch featherstick from DanO and all the components. It was super slick actually. I asked him to piece together the perfect one stick + rappell set up for me. He created a shopping cart on his website and emailed me a link. We discussed the aider length and I ordered the parts. I got everything in the mail and assembled it myself. The Harken 150 cam cleat came from somewhere on the internet I forget the website but I'm sure amazon sells them.

Thank you. I was able to feed the rope through a hole and out the end of the featherstick. I tied a stopper knot and placed some shrink tube around the rope. I also sanded the the hole in the stick to make the edge less abrasive. So far its held up well but I only have about 10 climbs with it. I'm not sure how it will hold up this season but I will make sure to update the post if I notice it beginning to wear.
You could always drill the hole out bigger like the muddy’s so that the rope isn’t touching the walls of the hole and the stopper knot should still hold it... If it begins to show any signs of wear.

Back