• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

OOAL Scout Platform A+

swampsnyper

It has been a while since I came across something innovative and really seems to work well for me. I haven’t hunted with it yet but I’ve saddle hunted long enough that I’m pretty confident this little jewel is gonna be great. Before I ever put it on a tree, I was trying to come up with a way to add a squirrel step on each side.
This is what I came up with, but the strap didn’t tighten enough when I locked the step down to secure the squirrel steps like I like them and using a OCB is counter productive to the reason I’m trying the scout.
aa1dd796d46fb37a426351ba828f6207.jpg

bdc1ec374febbb3fb3d07e84ed5e58ed.jpg

So I tried the scout without the squirrel steps and surprisingly, I can shoot at pretty much any position around a basketball size tree. Any bigger and some shots will be sacrificed for me.
And most of all, it is soooo comfortable to stand on. And I was in flip flops. Lol

Awesome, I have the solo scout without a stick ordered, was planning on adding my squirrel steps.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Y’all gotta stop...between the glowing comfort reviews and @Red Beard climbing method with the Solo Scout, I’ve got the bug for one badly.........

“My plywood Primal platform is good enough... My plywood Primal platform is good enough...”

Y’all gotta stop...between the glowing comfort reviews and @Red Beard climbing method with the Solo Scout, I’ve got the bug for one badly.........

“My plywood Primal platform is good enough... My plywood Primal platform is good enough...”

People that thought the phantom was a game changer never stepped onto the scout platforms! I have both styles.. doubt they ever get sold. Unless my wife sees both and divorces me and takes one......

I put the AAOL Scout on my Beast Sticks. I am very impressed with the design, comfort, ease of use....they also pack easily. Perfect for the shorter sits. I also added the LWCG cable aiders, another huge improvement over my fabric aiders.

i might try my 4wd crocs for early season just so i can say i killed a deer in crocs :tongueclosed: . bass pro had the bottomland camo offroad ones for 24 bucks....had to. what a game changer hahaha so stupid, but gardening clogs are the most comfortable things ive ever put on feet. once they made em in camo about 12 yrs ago i finally gave in and figured out why all the fishing captains kept coming into the bait shop wearing those ridiculous things. its like walking on fake boobies--soft, but you can tell their durable enough to last about 10 yrs...

I put the AAOL Scout on my Beast Sticks. I am very impressed with the design, comfort, ease of use....they also pack easily. Perfect for the shorter sits. I also added the LWCG cable aiders, another huge improvement over my fabric aiders.

I prefer EWO sewn aiders on an EWO stick.
The cable aider is only one step and is uncomfortable but packable

The scout platform is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I prefer EWO sewn aiders on an EWO stick.
The cable aider is only one step and is uncomfortable but packable

The scout platform is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I struggled with the sewn aiders in the dark, specifically when descending. The cable aiders are so much easier to find with your foot, thus much safer for me. I'm 53 and want to know where the next step is when climbing in the dark.

I struggled with the sewn aiders in the dark, specifically when descending. The cable aiders are so much easier to find with your foot, thus much safer for me. I'm 53 and want to know where the next step is when climbing in the dark.

I am 62. I rappel down. But I have used multi step webbing aiders for a few years. We are all different in our preferences. This site has a lot of different ideas. I like the webbing aider

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Use the Red Beard method with your Primal Step. When you get to hunting height, shove the plywood in and recam it tighter. Problem solved...

@swampsnyper did you try out my scout at the south Alabama meet up? I agree it’s a sweet little platform. I just need to make some mini lonewolfs like you did now.

Use the Red Beard method with your Primal Step. When you get to hunting height, shove the plywood in and recam it tighter. Problem solved...

I’ve been planning on trying that, but still learning how to set the steps. I’ll give it a go soon.

Back