• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Out on a Limb solo scout

RTRhunter

I just seen it for first time. Does anybody have one if so do you like it? Would you recommend one?

Waiting and going to experiment with a moveable platform version of 1 sticking. In my system that I have been experimenting with( using a OOAL Shikar with Scout and LW wire aider) for now I place my platform at head level and place my cinched climbing line above the step using a stickI fabricated. I then rope walk up and step onto step/platform and then advance the climbing line up the tree,rappell down grab stick /platform ascend up line place step and repeat. If it works out I will have no need for an aider and when at height have my platform .

I just got my shipping notification. I’m about 2.5 hours away from him and was really tempted to just pick it up. Dang Coronavirus!

I can't find it on their page? What's the price?

Here you go: $74.99

If you have not met or spoke with him.
Matt is a stand up guy I was fortunate enough to meet him and talk with him.

Mine just got dropped off. By far best bang for your buck platform out there. I’ve found for me half arch/half heel is perfect. I even went and grabbed my winter boots and it’s definitely going to work year round for me.

669149d499303f050cac07b08da9d695.jpg

I just asked if they'd make me a scout with a strait platform that may work better with a JX3.He said no problem and sent it out that day.I thought that was pretty cool.Is there enough room to turn sideways and do a drop shot off your weak side?I think there will be enough room with the regular scout on a stick.

Mine just got dropped off. By far best bang for your buck platform out there. I’ve found for me half arch/half heel is perfect. I even went and grabbed my winter boots and it’s definitely going to work year round for me.

669149d499303f050cac07b08da9d695.jpg
Slide a couple steps on the strap from Treehopper or squirrel steps and you'll have a small light platform with a ring of steps.

Slide a couple steps on the strap from Treehopper or squirrel steps and you'll have a small light platform with a ring of steps.

I was just looking at trying a few tree hopper steps. This thing locks in pretty good. I could easily twist around the tree and put pressure on the back of the platform to make the tough shots but a step or two will definitely make that much easier.

Back