• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Packs with frame options

SamPutt13

Is anyone using packs with an internal or external frame to carry their platform, sticks and gear in? If so, what y'all got? Looking for ideas.
Looking at using a frame pack to help carry load and will be large enough to carry everything alone with camera. I already have a nice external frame pack but unsure if I want to use it in the tree.

31 pages, a year and a half in the making:

Eberlestock X2. Start there. Good luck. It’s a deep worm hole to try to find the perfect pack. That thread posted above is every single option and set up you could possibly want to try for yourself.

Last edited:
I’d recommend checking out the hill people gear connor. Awesome internal frame sheet pack. Lightweight but very robust. A great balance of features and simplicity. Super low profile and great for transporting sticks and platform.
I’ve been running the gen 1 for several years now and love the thing. The new gen 2 they are selling now looks even better since a waist belt can be added.
I plan to post some pics of how I am running mine this season pretty soon on the forum somewhere.
6481f660448ba0a470e608c800ff6991.jpg

(No longer running 6 sticks...only 3-4 now).
I weighed my complete setup today: pack, 4 sticks, predator, ropes/biners, pull-up rope, rangefinder, etc.—17#. Carries like it’s almost not there.

Back