• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Peeing from a saddle

bfriendly

Being on a leaner stand, I just stand up and let it rip. I haven’t actually hunted from my saddle yet, but it just dawned on me. What if I gotta go? Seriously…..what’s the plan? I’m thinking lineman’s belt back on and snug, standing against tree. I drink lots of water every morning, lots! Instead of trying to figure it out when the time comes, thought I’d ask before I fill my boots.

I move my tether up/higher and go left. Backpack is on the right. Did that a few times practicing this yr. I am on a Mission so plenty of room to stand

All seriousness. I still pee in a bottle. Not starting the debate. There is nothing you can tell me that I am not carpet bombing the whole area with a foreign smell. Yes it is urine, but you can't tell me your urine smell doesn't change with what you eat and drink.

All seriousness. I still pee in a bottle. Not starting the debate. There is nothing you can tell me that I am not carpet bombing the whole area with a foreign smell. Yes it is urine, but you can't tell me your urine smell doesn't change with what you eat and drink.

Asparagus has joined the chat…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just tuck my shoulder under my tether, turn 180 degrees on the platform and lean out. From there it is absolutely no different than being a tree stand, other than I'm leaning further out away from my boots/platform.

For the life of me I never understood this question about peeing. Bottle or ground to each their own, but I never understood asking another grown man how to pee. That video by the beast explains it. One more vote for the mission!!!! I am 6' 3" 250 lbs and can do a full 360 on that thing. 180 and pee or shoot. I see now why there has always been a question by the minimalist. Killing season is upon us. Fill those freezers!

LWCG Ambush, so I just stand with the wind at my back. Did same thing with my klemz. Love large platform.

But have not try it with a ROS, bottle might be the way to go.

But to be completely honest. Only reason I have SRT kit even when I don't plan to SRT. Is so I can rappel down, and SRT back up after the OTHER nature call. Have not need to do this yet, and there is no other way to explain this, my body knows when its hunting day and I have not needed to do this ever, no matter what my eating routine was. But always ready just in case.

Ok, I shared enough to lose some virtual friends I think. :laughing:

Another advantage of the JX3 and a ROS.
Just push away from the tree and let it run down the tree, never had wet boots.
On 2 separate occasions I have had bucks walk right up to my tree after tinkling.
The first was a nice 6 pt. during our early bow season, that that got a pass because we had to "earn a buck" (kill a doe first)
He walked right up to my tree and was licking the tree where the urine had run down the bark.
The second was during our Dec. shotgun season, he walked right up to my tree and was smelling the urine on the bark.
He received 1.25 oz. of lead between the shoulder blades.
I have a good friend who's wife was a chemist at Exxon Mobil that worked with a fellow chemist that was a serious bow hunter.
He did an analysis of his and deer urine. The deer urine came from a small captive herd in PA.
Ultimately he discovered the both species urine basically turned into ammonia after approx. 2-3 minutes.
I have seen old trail cam pictures of an outfitter in Canada that used pure ammonia to "doctor" his scrapes, and by the
size and quantity of the bucks visiting the scrapes it showed that the ammonia worked very well.
YMMV.

I pee in scrapes ever chance I can and I think I’ll be able to take care of business when the time comes.…..thanks for playing y’all! I drink a lot and no doubt I’ll have to pee more than once.

I have a good friend who's wife was a chemist at Exxon Mobil that worked with a fellow chemist that was a serious bow hunter.
He did an analysis of his and deer urine. The deer urine came from a small captive herd in PA.
Ultimately he discovered the both species urine basically turned into ammonia after approx. 2-3 minutes.
I have seen old trail cam pictures of an outfitter in Canada that used pure ammonia to "doctor" his scrapes, and by the
size and quantity of the bucks visiting the scrapes it showed that the ammonia worked very well.
I like this side of you! Good useful info not just the, "Come to the light...." :)

Back