• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform Attachment

blewis5289

Is anyone using Amsteel daisy chain to attach your platform? Any tricks to making it tight? I am running the Seeker platform and want to ditch the buckle straps but am struggling getting it tight enough. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: CP3
Take your daisy chain around the tree, but when you get back to your post dont go directly to your button, utilize one of the loops on the opposite side and run the free end through, then stretch back to your button. It allows you to get a tighter cinch.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Was using the first video method and it worked decently. Started using the second video method recently and found platform really tightens up. Zero movement after toe hooking it to cinch down.

Take your daisy chain around the tree, but when you get back to your post dont go directly to your button, utilize one of the loops on the opposite side and run the free end through, then stretch back to your button. It allows you to get a tighter cinch.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Like a trucker's hitch. I saw that and will try it for sure. Thanks!

Learned something new today. I was fairly satisfied with how my platform felt just running through the daisy chain, however after seeing the second video and how that thing simply didn't move I'll be giving that a shot.

Learned something new today. I was fairly satisfied with how my platform felt just running through the daisy chain, however after seeing the second video and how that thing simply didn't move I'll be giving that a shot.
It locks on tree pretty dang tight!!

Where is the best place to buy the Amstel daisy chain?

Where is the best place to buy the Amstel daisy chain?
I made my own too…ez peezy and kinda fun really. Mine isn’t long enough so I’m gonna make another longer one. Got to try that cause I made my loops too big. If I can’t reach with one loop the next one gives too much slack. The way the second video shows, you’re making a loop by doubling the whole chain. I’m gonna go test the one I got.

So I undid my daisy chain and used the full length which is now long enough. I tried the second video method and it surely sat tight. It will take some practice(like all other saddle hunting adventures) to get fluent with the process, but I’m gonna give it a go. One thing I noticed is you need to get the length about right, right off the bat. As soon as the overlaps get any pressure, it wants to bite!
I just got 50’ of 3/16” and will make another daisy chain and try that first method too…….I like the idea and the daisy chain itself. My first bundle of amsteel was 1/4” so I’ve actually downsized a bit. I was gonna try it before undoing the daisy chain, but I made it with a really long first loop which prohibited me from doing so.

So I undid my daisy chain and used the full length which is now long enough. I tried the second video method and it surely sat tight. It will take some practice(like all other saddle hunting adventures) to get fluent with the process, but I’m gonna give it a go. One thing I noticed is you need to get the length about right, right off the bat. As soon as the overlaps get any pressure, it wants to bite!
I just got 50’ of 3/16” and will make another daisy chain and try that first method too…….I like the idea and the daisy chain itself. My first bundle of amsteel was 1/4” so I’ve actually downsized a bit. I was gonna try it before undoing the daisy chain, but I made it with a really long first loop which prohibited me from doing so.
I decided to go with the trucker's hitch and love it. Very simple and my platform was possibly tighter than with the buckle strap.

Is anyone using Amsteel daisy chain to attach your platform? Any tricks to making it tight? I am running the Seeker platform and want to ditch the buckle straps but am struggling getting it tight enough. Thanks in advance!

Tried daisy chain on platform for the first time today. Got it very very tight with the truckers hitch. Almost couldn’t cam it over.

The weight savings and silence of no buckle makes it a no brainer.

I've been using Resc Tech and a Meech instead of a Daisy Chain.. Adjust the Meech to approximate spot, Sling the rope around, wrap it around the button and then through the loop like a trucker's hitch, cinch down and tie off. Very tight and very strong.

I've been using Resc Tech and a Meech instead of a Daisy Chain.. Adjust the Meech to approximate spot, Sling the rope around, wrap it around the button and then through the loop like a trucker's hitch, cinch down and tie off. Very tight and very strong.
@1simplemann - What is the Meech?

I used a rachet the other day for my new ROS. Boy I really liked it! I can easily switch out the straps and use it on my platform too. I did order the strap with ocb from EWO so I’ll try that too. I’m not settled on my preference for attaching platform etc…….but I sure liked the ratchet! Hoping I love the ocb but I have my doubts.

Back