• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Quietest hang on stand?

Which hang-on stands are worth money in being very well built and quiet? I realize this is a saddle sight, but some of us still need a hang-on in some scenarios. Thanks
I think I always think of this site as more of the saddle that is worn and the way you climb and what you put your feet as another story in itself.

There have been a couple different posts about the Beast stand squeaking.
See post 55.

Which hang-on stands are worth money in being very well built and quiet? I realize this is a saddle sight, but some of us still need a hang-on in some scenarios. Thanks
After decades of use, my loc on limit. I still use it occasionally as a platform. I just replaced the whoopie sling with 3/8" amsteel.

There have been a couple different posts about the Beast stand squeaking.
See post 55.

just one comment - id be curious what others have experienced if they used a beast.

just one comment - id be curious what others have experienced if they used a beast.

Mine hasn’t made a peep. 15 or so sets. But it doesn’t have metal on straps or cables.

For context though, I’ve never had a stand that I owned knowingly make a noise that cost me a chance at an animal. Summit climber and lone wolf assault included.

You are the variable. Not the stand.

I had a beast stand. Loved the size and weight but the bracket made a popping noise when I shifted my weight. It didn’t do it all the time but it was enough to make me sell it. Just couldn’t take a chance on spooking a buck. That was with the updated bracket too. If they ever get that fixed I’ll likely buy another one.

I used the beast stand alot last season, I only had one issue with noise and I think it was due to over camming but not positive

XOP Vanish is light wt. and has never made any noise for me. My saddle is pretty quiet also.....

Back