• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rattle bag preferences

MJH

SH Member
Currently I use a set of natural antlers for rattling. It will be hard for me to stop using them because they have been effective, but they are a pain in the neck to carry around, and to keep quiet (when not in use). I want to look at a rattle bag.

Who can offer some positive reviews on specific models?

Currently I use a set of natural antlers for rattling. It will be hard for me to stop using them because they have been effective, but they are a pain in the neck to carry around, and to keep quiet (when not in use). I want to look at a rattle bag.

Who can offer some positive reviews on specific models?
I made my own out of sheds and dead heads cut them up and use a cloth bag ... nothing sound loke the real thing

I made my own out of sheds and dead heads cut them up and use a cloth bag ... nothing sound loke the real thing

Brilliant idea. Why haven't I seen that before!

When you say dead head you mean exactly what?

A dead buck skull found in woods ...road kill'.winter kill

Got it.
Just walk me through the basic process. So you are cutting sheds into 6-8" lengths, then adding skull bone sections, then fire it all into a Crown Royal bag? Is it that simple?

Got it.
Just walk me through the basic process. So you are cutting sheds into 6-8" lengths, then adding skull bone sections, then fire it all into a Crown Royal bag? Is it that simple?
I think he is just cutting antlers off of skulls he finds in addition to sheds and cutting the antlers up.

Got it.
You got it .. no skull .. just antler. And a purple bag...may be a sewn on piece of elastic to keep them from making noise ib your pack

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I put mine in an old sock and tie it in a knot. I like how it keeps everything tight.

I have used alot of different bags. Woodwise makes a nice one and I also used Primos and I really like Knight& Hales pak rack . But most of the time I use a set of synthetic antlers from Woods and Water they are green in color and they work very well.

Pack rack here too. Used to carry sheds as well. Pack rack works perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back