• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rock climbing harness for hunters

So, a rock climbing harnesses with linesman's loops added. Is there more to it that I'm missing?

It’s a fall arrest harness with the fall arrest portion cut off. With the top and lanyard removed it just becomes a work positioning harness which isn’t gonna feel good in a fall since there is nothing to decrease the dynamic force.

I've only ever used a drey LL, but it looks like I would like that over the belt/harness part from dryad. Interesting...

No that’s it

Right. I have a Fusion brand harness that's just like those (got it for stands on private and to try with a drey)...sew on the LL belt...same thing.

I ended up preferring my Flex and leaning, so it's in a bin, lol. There sits the next great DIY.

Big advantage to the Drey walking in without leg loops.
Thanks. I haven't tried wearing my belt in, but I also haven't used it in a hunting situation.

Clever, looks like something that should have been there all along. Would be nice if they had an upper "back attach" portion as a detachable option.

I just ordered one it's a lot better than my black dimond mod. He is gonna make some different versions soon with custom features.

My thinking is that my Recon was about the same price and can be dual purpose.

Why not just wear a saddle? Looks uncomfortable to potentially sit in.

Back