• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle Market question?

Eckert_Hunter18

I just recently purchased a tethrd mantis saddle and was thinking a out selling my aerohunter new tribe evolution. Since you cant buy them anymore what do they even go for anymore? Also done a few mods like add in a row of molle webbing of the waiste belt and I changed the bridge to an 1/4 amsteel bridge same size an all as tethrd mantis. I really dont see any of them posted anywhere so I dont even know what to charge. Any information or advice would be great, dont want to get robbed on it

It’s a tough sell. There are so many more desirable saddles out there now at a lower price point that it’s hard to sale an evo for what they are worth. Maybe sale it in September when someone is just getting into saddle hunting and is panicking because they sold all their stands before they realized they could be in for some wait time. That said there may be enough players in saddle manufacturing by this fall that waiting may be a thing of the past.

Yeah it’s a timing thing an evo is not gonna bring what it’s worth today. Plus all the buzz w/ ATA stuff you’ll end up giving it away.... I’d hang onto it for awhile.

Dad always said that something is worth whatever will give you for it. If it's not a collector's item and supply catches up with demand the market for used saddle gear will cool down.
Can't see it happening any other way.
Hope you can sell it and get a good chunk of change to buy more saddle stuff!

I figured someone could use it, rather then sitting and collecting dust to it. Its deffintley done me well and kind of sad to let her go lol. One thing about the evo is it's very comfortable, that's why it took me so long to move on from it.

I guess I always figure something is only worth what it was sold for last. Obviously timing is a big factor as stated for reasons above.

Looks like the last one sold on the classifieds was modified a bit and sold around the $175 mark depending on the ****ering between those two gentlemen.

Edit: haggling...

I Maybe sale it in September when someone is just getting into saddle hunting and is panicking because they sold all their stands before they realized they could be in for some wait time.
Been there, done that haha

If you’re happy and they are that is all you could ask for.

Some people actually prefer the evo. I sold mine awhile ago thinking no one would want. Wrong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back