• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Shikar Stick question

BeardedHunter

I’ve been looking at getting Shikar sticks for next season. I’m having a hard time trying to decide between the standard lengths (17-1/8”) and 20”. I plan on using a versa aider (possibly double versa aiders) to get a little higher. Also can’t decide if I should get 3 or 4? How high is everyone getting with 3 sticks and aider vs 4 sticks and aider? Or just 3 or 4 sticks on their own

I just got mine so only two hunts...but around 15-16 feet 4 sticks with no aider. Not high enough for my fat butt to hide so I have more sticks and aiders on the way to test out.

I’ve been looking at getting Shikar sticks for next season. I’m having a hard time trying to decide between the standard lengths (17-1/8”) and 20”. I plan on using a versa aider (possibly double versa aiders) to get a little higher. Also can’t decide if I should get 3 or 4? How high is everyone getting with 3 sticks and aider vs 4 sticks and aider? Or just 3 or 4 sticks on their own
I currently use a 3 step aider on my first stick(Muddy Pro). I’m standing at 7ft when setting the second stick.

Last edited:
I have four 20” sticks with a 20” wire aider on each. Using all aiders, 20’~21’ before attaching platform.

I find 4 20" sticks with a knaider that is 18"s will get me 20 ft and I rarely need to go that high as I choose trees with cover. Shawn

Back