• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Shotgun hunting version of SaddleHunter classifieds?

DConnorsIndy

SH Member
Just bought a new 870 and want to try accessories/optics without paying full boat…

Any recommendations for good forums to trade shotgun hunting gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@phatkaw

This is where I would start that guys loves his shotguns. I know there are others I just can’t think of them. Sorry to those folks.

^^^ This will work on an 870 as well as an 1100.

I lent a buddy my 870 about 6 or 8 years ago to go turkey hunting and I never got it back.

I just did this this year for sumthin' to do...
Screenshot_20220509-192144_Gallery.jpg

Personally, I don't like optics on a shotgun but it is kinda neat.

Last edited:
Any recommendations for good forums to trade shotgun hunting gear?

Check out Trapshooters.com
You'd be able to browse the Classifieds there but can't comment or act on anything ' till you achieve 50 'worthwhile' posts.
That is one of the rules of their Classifieds... (they are strict)
I've been an active member there since 2018.

Those guys know shotguns!

Check out Trapshooters.com
You'd be able to browse the Classifieds there but can't comment or act on anything ' till you achieve 50 'worthwhile' posts.
That is one of the rules of their Classifieds... (they are strict)
I've been an active member there since 2018.

Those guys know shotguns!

Perfect, thanks - looks like what I’m looking for so I’ll just start racking up points like AT ha..

I lent a buddy my 870 about 6 or 8 years ago to go turkey hunting and I never got it back.

I just did this year for sumthin' to do...
View attachment 65389

Very nice. Looking at a red dot also - Not necessary but I think they’re cool lol

Generally agree about no optics for shotguns but just can’t help myself ha

View attachment 65389

Hopefully he aint ur buddy no more...lent my brother my 1982 Rem 1100 3" gun with 3 barrels including a buck barrel...he gave it to my nephew for his birthday telling his son some crazy story of how he bought this gun(my gun) from our cousin...he aint my brother no more!...

FWIW my red dot died mid hunt 2 weeks ago. Luckily my wife had her 870 with fiber optics or i would have watched the turkey walk away. my old gun had a saddle with a gap so i could use the beads if i needed to. it puts the dot way up though. my new one sits almost flush with the reciever. maybe 1cm for the low profile plate... pros n cons.

check for a local gun forum or hunting forum that allows firearm sales.

View attachment 65389

:)

FWIW my red dot died mid hunt 2 weeks ago. Luckily my wife had her 870 with fiber optics or i would have watched the turkey walk away. my old gun had a saddle with a gap so i could use the beads if i needed to. it puts the dot way up though. my new one sits almost flush with the reciever. maybe 1cm for the low profile plate... pros n cons.
How often do u change your battery?

Back