• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Spur strap/buckle PSA. Don't make the same mistake.

elk yinzer

SH Member
Oct 23, 2017
State College, PA
Well, I had stayed away from plastic buckles, not wanting the torque of tightening them to break and ruin a hunt. I've broken plastic buckles on my backpack. I tend to be pretty aggressive when tightening down webbing.

Thought I would be all fancypants and order these aluminum side release buckles on strapworks.

Stay away. They absolutely suck. You can't get them anywhere near tight. The webbing slips right through them.

$30 pissed away. Back to the drawing board.

Capture.JPG

JakeB

Apr 30, 2017
I never could get the bottom straps to stay tight either. The top would be fine but the bottom always slipped a little on me. Try the auto lock buckles from kifaru. I got the male but they make female too, they will also fit the ITW Nexus buckles.

https://store.kifaru.net/web-management-and-buckle-sets-p144.aspx

Were you able to get these to not slip on the foot portion? Can you post a pic?

I went back to factory straps on the foot portion because it’s pretty sketchy having them loosen up when your up in a tree.

Stump06

Jan 15, 2018
SE GA
Were you able to get these to not slip on the foot portion? Can you post a pic?

I went back to factory straps on the foot portion because it’s pretty sketchy having them loosen up when your up in a tree.

I had the same problem, about halfway up the bottom straps would work their way loose. These auto locking buckles keep it tight, Ive never had an issue with them slipping and when you're ready to take them off just snap the buckle. I like the factory straps but they can be difficult to put on in the tree.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_36.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_36.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 86
  • fullsizeoutput_38.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_38.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 85
  • fullsizeoutput_39.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_39.jpeg
    294.2 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: JakeB

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Feb 19, 2014
NJ
WEBSITE
saddlehunter.com
I put either micro or mini cam buckles on the bottom straps for my spurs. They work way better than the quick release buckles IMO. If you have enough strap you don't have to feed it through every time and can just step through.

flinginairos

Vendor Rep
Sep 19, 2014
I’m trying these on my new spurs. Tried them today and they worked perfect!
2c59d4a9ba27858e1dd0bdbe6396a87f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bone

Stump06

Jan 15, 2018
SE GA
I’m trying these on my new spurs. Tried them today and they worked perfect!

What kind of clips are those?

Edit: NVM I saw on your other post. Did they fit through the loop on the bottom easy or was it a pain since they were already sewn?

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
Oct 3, 2014
Savannah, GA
FACEBOOK
g2outdoors
TWITTER
g2outdoors
YOUTUBE
G2Adventures
That's what I'm using Jared. But mine are home made. Yours look better!

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

IkemanTX

Oct 16, 2015
Here you go guys. Looks like this may be the perfect bottom strap for spurs. No sewing required just put them through the bottom metal loop.
5cb2827c577a727e38600e0f89c98394.jpg

Do you think it is better than @Erniepower ‘s paracord solution?

flinginairos

Vendor Rep
Sep 19, 2014
Do you think it is better than @Erniepower ‘s paracord solution?

I tried the cord tying method on mine and it works good for sure,I just found it a little slower to tie. The open ended hook is super fast and probably about as light as it gets.

JakeB

Apr 30, 2017
I guess now sea to summit will be wondering why they are selling thousands of hook straps.. got me too