• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stealth Strips on your beast stick - pros and cons to cutting out all the holes

Pattywhacker

I've got the stealth strips at home and best sticks coming next month. I'm debating if cutting out all those holes in necessary. Let's have some debate for and against.

I like the look of beast sticks with the holes... I like stealth strips... took a little time, but watched a packer game and had a couple beers. Used a heated scalpel blade and leaves a clean edge. Totally cosmetic though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191202-215615_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191202-215615_Gallery.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 135
Con could be that if you cut out the holes, the sticks can turn in to a whistle on windy days.

Just cosmetic, but I don’t regret it. I also wondered if it would whistle but they don’t. I just used a wood burning pen & melted the holes out. Stealth stripping, burning & assembly (about 30 mins per stick)

I had stealth strips on mine went through the tedious stinky smoky process of burning all the holes. The sticks are far too tight. They stuck together and took some force to peel them apart. Didn’t like that... I tore the stealth strips off. Then I had the ungodly tasking of getting all that adhesive off... a total nightmare.

I suggest leaving them be. Just work slow. Remove the buckles, silence the buckle or use a rope mod.

I had stealth strips on mine went through the tedious stinky smoky process of burning all the holes. The sticks are far too tight. They stuck together and took some force to peel them apart. Didn’t like that... I tore the stealth strips off. Then I had the ungodly tasking of getting all that adhesive off... a total nightmare.

I suggest leaving them be. Just work slow. Remove the buckles, silence the buckle or use a rope mod.

Interesting. Mine come in January and I too have Stealth Strips. I already have 7/64 Amsteel daisy chains which work great on my LW steps. If the Beast Sticks pack together tightly and do not make noise in transit, I may forgo the Stealth Strips.

Interesting. Mine come in January and I too have Stealth Strips. I already have 7/64 Amsteel daisy chains which work great on my LW steps. If the Beast Sticks pack together tightly and do not make noise in transit, I may forgo the Stealth Strips.

they will pack decently together. Don’t really want tight though. Tight equals unneeded force which turns into noise.

you will likely need to cut the bolts for the tree brackets down about 1/32-1/16 for better stacking then you can use a plastic threaded rod and make a holder for them or just use a regular old buckle strap or even nite eyes gear tie works.

I did the same thing I liked them with out stealth strips the adhesive is a nightmare!!!! I used vet tape on steps working good now.

I tried everything it's still hard to remove the glue!

Try Naptha... I used that and acetone. It took a while and a lot of work but I got it all off. What a pain! Makes me never want to use stealth strips ever again!!!!!.....lol

Damn, I just got my Stealth strips in a few days ago....I guess it would be nice if I do not need them.

I like the look of beast sticks with the holes... I like stealth strips... took a little time, but watched a packer game and had a couple beers. Used a heated scalpel blade and leaves a clean edge. Totally cosmetic though.
Those look awesome! I don't have the patience for that lol

AE8AED60-8CCB-4B29-9557-1DC14E87043F.png
Just got done stealth stripping mine an hour ago. Cut out all the holes with a soldering iron just because i like the looks of them. Mine fit snug but not ungodly tight like some are saying but i assume every stick can be different. Plus you have to give it some time to break the stealth strips in. In my opinion it was worth it to me.

Fake News. LOL

I read on here someone stated that this had actually happened to them. Bad on me for trusting someone who might have lied about first hand experience. Unless they didn’t and it just hasn’t happened to you. IDK. The OP asked for potential cons. Carry on.

Back