• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stick attachment on or off?

Bowtie747

SH Member
Just messing around with my setup and I normally leave my amsteel daisy chains wrapped around my LWCG compacts but it seems to just always be a mess.
Anyone take their stick attachments off everytime? Then if so what do u do with them?

I had the idea to clip them at one end into a carabiner. Clip one end when I start my climb on saddle. Then pull one off at a time. Then climbing down slip then on the carabiner. Once on the ground wrap them up and through them in my pack.

When I had the original straps on my Hawk Heliums, I took them off and carried them in my backpack.

I wrap my Amsteel straps around the stick. It just seems faster than having to attach them every time. And if I did put them in the pack, I'd either have to coil them up neatly, or untangle a giant knot.

Yea that’s what I’ve always done and will probably keep doing. I guess I just always overthink it haha

Just messing around with my setup and I normally leave my amsteel daisy chains wrapped around my LWCG compacts but it seems to just always be a mess.
Anyone take their stick attachments off everytime? Then if so what do u do with them?

I had the idea to clip them at one end into a carabiner. Clip one end when I start my climb on saddle. Then pull one off at a time. Then climbing down slip then on the carabiner. Once on the ground wrap them up and through them in my pack.
Leave them attached to the stick as you’ve been doing, wrapping around the stick itself. Or remove from stick, wrap around hand, slip the small bungee around itself, and then stash in a dump pouch on the side of the saddle or pocket attached to bottom of stand or platform.

How are you bringing your sticks up as you climb?

How are you bringing your sticks up as you climb?
Right now? I just use carabiner like clips from nitezed. One on each side of my saddle.
I just ordered the tx-5 gear clips and I’m hoping I like them.

Right now? I just use carabiner like clips from nitezed. One on each side of my saddle.
I just ordered the tx-5 gear clips and I’m hoping I like them.

I don't see a benefit to having them separate then. Just one more thing to manage/drop if you put them in a dump pouch, etc.

I don't see a benefit to having them separate then. Just one more thing to manage/drop if you put them in a dump pouch, etc.
Yea you definitely right! I actually figured out a way to wrap them last night that holds my cable aiders better too.

Same. Mine from Real Deal Amsteel came with 6" shock cord. Works like a charm with LWCG compacts, imo.
This ^^^ again!
You can get shock cord from EWO that is the perfect size……it’s cheap too so get more than you think you’ll need. I Put several inches on the end of my cords and straps with a loop(figure eight on a bite) on the end. Just give yourself enough so you have 4-5” of stretching. Then, no matter where the buckle is, it’ll connect somewhere and keep it put!

Same. Mine from Real Deal Amsteel came with 6" shock cord. Works like a charm with LWCG compacts, imo.
I use both hair ties and bungee ball loops to do the same thing. Rifle slings, 1-stick aider, whatever, toss a bungee ball loop on it at move on to the next thing.

Back