• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tell me about the JX3

Arkie

SH Member
I’ve been eyeing the JX3 hybrid for a while and I’m getting close to pulling the trigger on one. Looking for additional info/comments from some JX3 users.

Some background on my most recent set up/style.

- I climb with 3 WE Stepps, using the Knaider/Swaider.
- Mainly use a Kestrel now
- I use a ROS, 6 EWO steps on an Strap with an OCB buckle.
- Hunt mainly public land, I do as much walking/scouting as I do hanging so I cover a lot of ground.
- Dislike carrying a pack WHILE wearing a saddle so I carry essentially everything in a dump punch or in my Predator pack. Also dislike all the weight on my hips while going through the hills
- Keep a frame pack(built with the same frame as the JX3) in the truck for packing out. Can this double as a frame pack for packing out quarters?
- Shooting a 62” recurve this year

Looking forward to the opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find myself fidgeting a lot and readjusting with my minimal saddle (recon) so in addition to being uber comfortable, it helps me be still.

I have not had the pleasure of packing one out on it yet, but the intention was to eliminate dragging or making a trip back to the truck for a frame.

If im being honest, if the jx3 wasn't a thing i would have probably gone back to a lock on or a climber already. I really recommend it.

Why do you dislike wearing a pack? You could bring your frame pqck in and strap your bow to it at the base of the tree before you climb, then bring everything up together

The main reason I dislike a pack is because I really don’t have a lot of need for one, until I need to pack something out.

Sounds like a good fit, if your a ROS guy already. It will be a touch heavier, but rides very well. If you kill no hike to the truck! It’s absolutely hard to beat the comfort of a JX3

That’s really what I’m looking for. Comfort, mobility, and saving a trip back to the truck once I kill something.

Sounds like a good fit, if your a ROS guy already. It will be a touch heavier, but rides very well. If you kill no hike to the truck! It’s absolutely hard to beat the comfort of a JX3

Nice. Less gear is a plus.
I don’t mind the extra weight, especially on a frame. Weight on the hips walking up, down, and across hills seems to feel heavier, in my opinion.

@JC3 where ya at?

All the JX3 disciples beat me to it, but if you insist,

Come to the light, the JX3 tree saddle light..............
Don't be afraid, you will sit from dark to dark very comfortably, be able to snooze when you want, no dreaded hip pinch, no back aches, you can shoot 360° around the tree.
No platform required, only a ROS, no sore feet, no knee pads required, no sore knees, no tired legs from leaning as you can sit all day, built in pack frame for carrying all your needs. Buy once, cry once.
Come to the light, the JX3 light...........

I started using one in 2019 and have not yet had the thought of changing to a different primary system (I do use a Recon, or Ghost Blind on occasion). I would encourage anyone to try it, and even better if you’re willing to put some reps in with it, because in my experience - and like almost any system - it gets better with time. I probably wouldn’t like it as much if I stayed with 3-4 sticks with it because the weight savings becomes more negligible but combined with a lightweight climbing system like yours, or in my case one stick rappel, it’s nice man.

Edit: I can be a bit of a lazy sissy on long sits and for that reason I sometimes romanticize back to sinking into a Summit climber… in the case of the JX3 I’d sometimes notice the sensation of the “flattening of my rear end” over time. A foam pad helped with this a lot, in addition to re-establishing some insulation down there in cold weather.

[mention]kyler1945 [/mention] thanks for sharing, just checked them out.

Very excited for mine to arrive.
I’m very satisfied with my climbing method, this may be the missing piece I’ve been looking for on the saddle/pack side of things.

My JX3 came in today.
I’m very intrigued.
After putting my linesman, tether, carabiners, etc.. on it, the weight seems negligible compared to a traditional saddle loaded down with the goods.
Looking forward to putting it to use this weekend.

Anyone know what rope the linesman and tether from JX is?

Tried the JX3 out here and there in between hunts this weekend. Wasn’t ready to take it in just yet so I stuck with the Kestrel.

I really like how comfortable it is and how well it packs. Any tips/advice on the 2 points below?

One is about stability. When rotating to practice different shots, I wasn’t real sure how to use the whale tail. Sometimes I felt like it was going to “kick out” when I was turning. I’m sure it’s going to take some getting used to.

Second is about getting it tucked into cover. One thing I love about using a saddle is how I can tuck up against cover and still be able to shoot 360-ish degrees. Maybe it’s not as bulky as it felt (still need some more time in it).

When I rotate around the tree, I push off about an inch and swing to where I need to be slowly. I then carefully let the whale tail touch the tree for more possible pivoting. Just go smooth and slow. As far as cover, this is a downfall. I like multi branched trees, and the jx3 doesn't shine in that area at all. In this picture I am experimenting with my own bridge with 2 loops of climb rated webbing. The only problem is you can't really rotate your hips your hips.
21bc0f3bcc20c8c0504dd7e381862496.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have used the original version of this since 2010. The Guidos Web. I added my own bridge with climbers loop, and my own tether with 10mm climbing rope and petzl tibloc. I can easily shoot 360 with a bow using this setup , using a ROS. Using a ropeman or a tibloc on your own tether is a much needed mod on these setups. Just ordered a Tethrd Menace last week to try out. Not sure i am going to be happy with it compared to what i have. I am hoping i will be able to get used to knee pads on the tree vs the whale tail bar. I like the idea of less weight , plus the web saddle is HOT early season . Needed a bridge to get farther away from the tree in my opinion, hence the mod.

Back