• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Umm ... Aerohunter Retires Kestrel and Kite

skyjacker

SH Member
I was about to sell my Aerohunter Kite. I went to website to look at the price and the only saddle available is the Kestrel Flex. I messaged them and here's the response ...

Me: The flex is the only saddle listed on the website?
Sophia: Yes! As we ramp up production to reduce lead time on orders, we looked at trends for all three models of Aero Hunter saddles. We chose to focus on Flex, still wildly popular, and retire the Kestrel and Kite. Flex is now available in Broadside Closer camo or solid grey, with an adjustable webbing bridge. This change will reduce the wait time for shipping orders, and free us up to move forward with two other designs we have in the works. There's always something new going on at Aero Hunter!

P.S. I'm not selling my kite!

I was about to sell my Aerohunter Kite. I went to website to look at the price and the only saddle available is the Kestrel Flex. I messaged them and here's the response ...

Sophia: Yes! As we ramp up production to reduce lead time on orders, we looked at trends for all three models of Aero Hunter saddles. We chose to focus on Flex, still wildly popular, and retire the Kestrel and Kite. Flex is now available in Broadside Closer camo or solid grey, with an adjustable webbing bridge. This change will reduce the wait time for shipping orders, and free us up to move forward with two other designs we have in the works. There's always something new going on at Aero Hunter!

Be patient.... things r always on the horizon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesnt surprise me any. That is the usual progression of a companies products, as they develop new and "better" products they phase out the old ones.

I am thinking about selling my Kestrel size 2. It would be after a saddle hunter meet up that is suppose to take place August 22.

Last edited:

Everyone send me your sz 2 kites...... now they’re officially obsolete

My first saddle was a Flex, but I honestly prefer my regular Kestrel more. Guess I'll need to look used if I want a backup saddle.

My first saddle was an EVO but I never really got the hang of it (pun intended). It was the Kestrel that really turned the corner for me as far as saddle hunting goes. As a lot of us have, I've moved on to a more minimalist saddle but I will always have a place in my heart for the Kestrel.

I guess I will look into a Cruzr?

I currently have a Size 1 Kestrel and Size 1 Kite. I wanted to try a Size 2 Kite since I am right on the line of 1 vs. 2. Any recommendations on Cruzr size (2 vs. 3) to match up with Kite size 2?

It will be a collector side

I wonder what the two new designs will be like.

Good move on limiting options. That said, I do not want a saddle that I have to step into or put over my head.

Pretty soon my predator fall grey flex will be a legacy product.

Back