• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Vehicle organization/preparedness

Weldabeast

SH Member
Now that hunt season is here for a lot of us....how to u guys keep ur vehicle organized? Do u load and unload ur stuff each hunt or do u keep it ready to go all the time?

I choose to keep it prepared to go just in case something unexpected comes up.....(hint hint-wink wink @rickhall20 ). Keep in mind pretty much all my hunting is leave in the morning/ home at night, less than 1½ drive. If I was traveling/camping this way of doing it isn't geared toward that....

I keep my boots, bow, and arrows inside the truck
Screenshot_20210919-115153_(1).png

I'm always on the look out for a full topper but for now this cover works ok....I have battery powered little led lights mounted on the sides I turn on and it lights up the tailgateScreenshot_20210919-115235_(1).png
Screenshot_20201121-192420_(1).png

This small container keeps various items that I use but rarely carry with me or are extras/inventory; ThermaCELL stuff, extra battery's, calls, butt wipes, kill kit, trail markers, etcScreenshot_20210919-115225_(1).png

Jet sled pulls in and out easy and I always keep at least a gallon of water, loppers, and a big container
Screenshot_20210919-115215_(1).png

Big container has my saddle, vest (climbing system self contained on the vest), knee pads, platform, rain gear, and my back support.
Screenshot_20210919-115242_(1).png

Wally world cooler holds plenty of ice....I keep it in the deep freezer at the house and pull it out as needed..I have some 2 liters full of water and froze in the deep freezer also..I have 2 friends with industrial ice maker but I'm patiently waiting for 1 of them to actually function correctly...hehe

Screenshot_20210919-115251_(1).png

I use other items that stay at my house and get loaded if they are required like camping stuff, cooking stuff, canoe hunting specific stuff, etc

Curious to hear/see what works for others....

I live so close to where I hunt but I have a lot of my gear in my truck box ready at a whim. I like how you organize

Just a note...never keep anything in the back of your truck that will cause you heartache if it gets stolen, or like a Facebook post the other day where his tailgate didnt last and stuff fell out of the truck, The former is more true in public/theft prone areas.

Retired navy bomb tech…you don’t even wanna see my OCD RutRunner. Doing a Senior Deer Tour this year, so I’ll be living and hunting out of it.I’m sure i went overboard, but thats just how my brain works

Attachments

• B2C4446A-5DC2-4308-98F1-97AEE03E57EA.jpeg
    B2C4446A-5DC2-4308-98F1-97AEE03E57EA.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 171
  • B051BC35-012D-4968-8535-5C81A22D3346.jpeg
    B051BC35-012D-4968-8535-5C81A22D3346.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 173
  • DE314B31-8C71-4C62-81A9-F3C30098A318.jpeg
    DE314B31-8C71-4C62-81A9-F3C30098A318.jpeg
    334.1 KB · Views: 172
  • 978D7F4D-7F7E-49C4-831E-02DC059D2B9A.jpeg
    978D7F4D-7F7E-49C4-831E-02DC059D2B9A.jpeg
    300.8 KB · Views: 168
Retired navy bomb tech…you don’t even wanna see my OCD RutRunner. Doing a Senior Deer Tour this year, so I’ll be living and hunting out of it.I’m sure i went overboard, but thats just how my brain works
You got to show us another photo with all the equipment in the foam cut out section. That’s too cool. Very nice work, looks great.

Now that hunt season is here for a lot of us....how to u guys keep ur vehicle organized? Do u load and unload ur stuff each hunt or do u keep it ready to go all the time?

I choose to keep it prepared to go just in case something unexpected comes up.....(hint hint-wink wink @rickhall20 ). Keep in mind pretty much all my hunting is leave in the morning/ home at night, less than 1½ drive. If I was traveling/camping this way of doing it isn't geared toward that....

I keep my boots, bow, and arrows inside the truck
View attachment 52913

I'm always on the look out for a full topper but for now this cover works ok....I have battery powered little led lights mounted on the sides I turn on and it lights up the tailgateView attachment 52908
View attachment 52914

This small container keeps various items that I use but rarely carry with me or are extras/inventory; ThermaCELL stuff, extra battery's, calls, butt wipes, kill kit, trail markers, etcView attachment 52909

Jet sled pulls in and out easy and I always keep at least a gallon of water, loppers, and a big container
View attachment 52910

Big container has my saddle, vest (climbing system self contained on the vest), knee pads, platform, rain gear, and my back support.
View attachment 52911

Wally world cooler holds plenty of ice....I keep it in the deep freezer at the house and pull it out as needed..I have some 2 liters full of water and froze in the deep freezer also..I have 2 friends with industrial ice maker but I'm patiently waiting for 1 of them to actually function correctly...hehe

View attachment 52912

I use other items that stay at my house and get loaded if they are required like camping stuff, cooking stuff, canoe hunting specific stuff, etc

Curious to hear/see what works for others....
How do you like the jet sled? Does it work OK over a different variety of terrain? I’m thinking about buying one.

How do you like the jet sled? Does it work OK over a different variety of terrain? I’m thinking about buying one.
It well worth the cost...I use it year round....hauling deers,bags of water softener salt, or loads of yard debris it is a useful tool. I also have a cart that I can bring if I know there is a good road system that I'll be using. The sled is the main hauler and the cart is a backup/specialty use. Sled lives in the truck and cart stays at home if that tells u anything.

You got to show us another photo with all the equipment in the foam cut out section. That’s too cool. Very nice work, looks great.
This was the first mod. The only difference is the quiver goes on a 3D printed holder on the overhead shelf. I lowered the platform to allow more head room. Getting old and not quite as flexible!!

Attachments

• 71337C0F-A83D-4361-9819-4950EF8FCC3B.jpeg
    71337C0F-A83D-4361-9819-4950EF8FCC3B.jpeg
    400.6 KB · Views: 131
Knock on wood I've never had anything taken

I get dressed when I get to the woods....I've had gas spill on my clothes before I ever got there and reeked all day long....my clothing I keep in dry bags. Stuff dry bag with the cloths I will wear that day....I take 2 sets...a morning set that will get saturated in sweat and an even set... squeeze out all the air and it packs down small and airtight seal u don't have to get worried about getting wet.

Knock on wood I've never had anything taken

I get dressed when I get to the woods....I've had gas spill on my clothes before I ever got there and reeked all day long....my clothing I keep in dry bags. Stuff dry bag with the cloths I will wear that day....I take 2 sets...a morning set that will get saturated in sweat and an even set... squeeze out all the air and it packs down small and airtight seal u don't have to get worried about getting wet.
Man, that is the big fear i have going on this trip…do i leave gear in the truck or at the camp site. Outs the broken window thing that i would be most pissed about. Ruin the whole trip

Jet sled stays in my truck for
every hunt

Works in a huge variety of terrain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This 1 is my daily driver.... Whenever I get around to getting my gray Ford built it's gonna be more hunting specific/friendly with camping out of it in mind..... I may need some help from @Islandshooter apparently

Truly impressive job with that set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back