• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Watch your straps!!!!

Razorbak66

Ok didn’t think this would happen to me but watch your straps and not gonna name manufacturer of said platform but as I was standing on my platform and pulling up my bow and luckily I was double tethered still the platform gave way quickly with less of a minute of me standing on it I fell couple feet and slammed into tree with other what I feel is a cracked rib and bang up knees I’m ok but pissed. After hanging for 5 minutes assessing and catching my breath I climb down 1 stick style as I slowly can and saw the platform with the buckle laying one way and strap another way looks like combo of buckle and stitching pulled apart. So fellas stay tethered and watch your straps!!!! I can see some bruising on my rib cage. Wife gonna freak out and tell me I can’t go out anymore LOL

Was the strap the included one from the manufacturer? If so I could see a benefit to letting everyone know what brand it is for safety reasons. I appreciate you not trying to bash a company, but on something like this where it could lead to injuries I think it’s worth mentioning the manufacturer

Sorry for what you went through, and thankful you are ok.
I am with Matki15 though, for the safety of other people, if it was an original strap sent out by the company who sold you the platform, and how old was the strap? Also when was the last time you inspected it? Attaching a photo of the failure would benefit your fellow saddle hunters too.
Again, I am very thankful you are ok.

I’m very glad you where tethered in and thanks for sharing your experience hopefully we all learn from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rather not say the company until I see how they handle it as email was sent a little while ago as I got down to ground and even supplied a picture but yes original straps came with this platform they supply and I also have another variation of what they offer and I refuse to use that strap and I received this as a gift from my wife and I have hung in it 4 times prior to get the hang of it and only hunted 3 times out of it and 2 out of the other stand
A good buddy of mine has the same style stand and he agrees that changing the strap is a no brained especially since I know I won’t get a replacement in time by sat when we hunt again so we will replace with a LW strap since I know that will be fine and I trust that and even though I won’t be under warranty with the different strap I will feel safer
I’m seriously considering purchasing another stand from another manufacturer that I originally wanted in the first place because in my mind will it happen again with a replacement strap
BTW the stand and strap is maybe 3 months old and well taken care of as I repack and inspect everything after a hunt for the next hunt and prior to this hunt the strap was fine

I rather not post a pic just yet until manufacturer address it but from where the buckle is connected to the cleat it pulled and snap at the stitching totally giving out under my weight of 200# which I’m well under weight rating

Glad to hear you are not more seriously injured, man. That sux.

Thanks for the real-life warning to always be tied to the tree!

Good share. Ive been taking my time removing my Lineman , to make sure of no shifting- been questioning my single strap every time....

Only loosely related, but while we’re on the topic, last year I used my LW sticks to put a hang on up for a friend (in a hurry). Coming down I noticed one strap end was hanging on, but not seated within, the LW versa button. I can’t believe the stick didn’t fall off. A manufacturers defect is a different situation, but be vigilant and deliberate across the board.

I wish I could say this was a fluke but after hearing of some other straps failing and 1 fella was told it’s users error and how can it be users error if the system failed and it has me wondering should I double strap my platforms from now on
It’s gonna make me slightly gun shy. Still waiting on manufacturers email response

Thats my guess but I agree, a lot of people on this forum still disconnect when stepping onto platform. I understand not wanting to share but I also dont understand why you wouldnt want to help someone at the same time if there is a QC issue.

Ok didn’t think this would happen to me but watch your straps and not gonna name manufacturer of said platform but as I was standing on my platform and pulling up my bow and luckily I was double tethered still the platform gave way quickly with less of a minute of me standing on it I fell couple feet and slammed into tree with other what I feel is a cracked rib and bang up knees I’m ok but pissed. After hanging for 5 minutes assessing and catching my breath I climb down 1 stick style as I slowly can and saw the platform with the buckle laying one way and strap another way looks like combo of buckle and stitching pulled apart. So fellas stay tethered and watch your straps!!!! I can see some bruising on my rib cage. Wife gonna freak out and tell me I can’t go out anymore LOL
Really glad your ok but No real reason to post here about it if not gonna mention the company and try and help people out. Your actually helping everyone including the company if you keep other people from potentially getting injured 20 ft off the ground and 2 miles back in the woods. Whats your plan... bash them if they don’t handle It the way you wanted. Man we all use these platforms and trust these companies to fix issues for the most part To keep us safe. One of the main reasons I saddle hunt. Just my opinion

Last edited:
Back