• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

XOP Air Raid platform and more

Murph4028

Vendor Rep
A buddy of mine in Michigan mailed me his XOP Air Raid and Hawk sticks to make something happen with them. So I cut the sticks down to 23.5, added XOP buttons, and painted them. Then I cut his Air Raid into a platform. It measures 12.5 across the front, 10.5 towards the back and 14 long. Then I took some scrap pieces from the sticks and made him some gear hangers.

Attachments

• 2019-02-09_17.50.40.jpg
    2019-02-09_17.50.40.jpg
    892.4 KB · Views: 221
  • 2019-02-09_17.49.34.jpg
    2019-02-09_17.49.34.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 222
  • 2019-02-09_17.50.12.jpg
    2019-02-09_17.50.12.jpg
    826.7 KB · Views: 202
  • 2019-02-09_17.49.08.jpg
    2019-02-09_17.49.08.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 200
  • 2019-02-09_17.48.44.jpg
    2019-02-09_17.48.44.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 202
  • 2019-02-09_17.51.14.jpg
    2019-02-09_17.51.14.jpg
    763 KB · Views: 188
Looks sweet what does the platform weigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If looks could kill, u get the award

That thing looks mean

If looks could kill, u get the award

That thing looks mean

Lol. Thanks. The only reason it is shaped that way is because that next section was huge and if I hadn't cut it off it would've been 19.5 inches across. Lone wolf platforms are definitely easier to work with but you can still get it done with XOP.

The XOP Ambush might be a better option for a cut down. I'll have to take a look at mine tomorrow....

Go for it man. So many people are afraid to cut platforms but if you need a platform and you have basic skills with an angle grinder it's pretty easy. I love doing it.
The XOP Ambush might be a better option for a cut down. I'll have to take a look at mine tomorrow....

3.5 lbs because I have a solid block of 6061 inside the bottom half of the post. Not too heavy and built super strong
I have a vanish, and I found where a few diy seat platforms have failed. This looks like a safer option. This is awesome! My wild edge steps and mantis are on their way, but I haven't decided on a platform. Would you mind explaining how you made the post? Would you share more pictures/details? Thanks

I read your lone wolf posts. Seems like I would do the same with my vanish.
Yeah if you saw my lone wolf build it shows the post a little better. I do most of the work on a drill press. It's not hard just takes time. Just gotta be sure your load bearing holes for the tree bracket, versa button, and axle have plenty of material around them and weight saving holes aren't too close. That post design that I came up has worked great so far with the stopper block and reinforcement block. No signs of stress at all. The obvious disadvantage being that the platform isn't adjustable(leveling) but that's not really a concern of mine. I just build platforms with function and durability in mind. And yes XOP seats have been known to break on some people but not sure about the platforms. I guess time will tell but this one seems almost as rigid as my lone wolf platform.

What are the dimensions of the solid stopper block? Is that what you put inside the post to reinforce it? & Your 6061post is 1.25" right? Thanks for the help.

The platform looks great!

Interested in hearing your thoughts on why you didn't just cut down the post it came with?
It came with the I beam they come with. On those beams there's nowhere to place a reliable hole because of the design and without the ability to shift the post further down you have to us cables to hold the platform up.

Will the versa button hold side pressure?

Yeah its not an issue. I dont know if youve seen my DIY lone wolf platform but when I used to use that I would crank it down hard and cam it over as tight as possible and Ive never had an issue.

Yeah its not an issue. I dont know if youve seen my DIY lone wolf platform but when I used to use that I would crank it down hard and cam it over as tight as possible and Ive never had an issue.
No I never seen it I'm trying to build a lone wolf seat platform right now that's why I asked. Thank you

Back