• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd Predator CFX

My Dad used to bring me along hunting and all I had were moon boots. What does this have to do with Tethrd’s CFX? Idk. Suppose it’s a reminder that we can have fond memories of crappy gear, lol.
I blame the skwerls. They just come out of nowhere and need a good chasin. ;)

@kstetar What a way to try to get us back on track. Well said. The mother line was great but I spit out my coffee when I read “I don’t like how it sounds on a tree”.
lol this thread took a detour.
What else are we to do until @Chrighton hits us with the real details? shoot the piss around the proverbial deer camp fire.

When the deets hit, I’ll take my tongue out of my cheek and chat X’s and O’s.

Okay here are my initial impressions (not a review... I haven't got much time for that).
Weights & sizes are as advertised... as far as I can tell.
I've tried about every commercially available platform.
This appears extremely well done... not because its going to keep my feet warmer. It sets on and comes off the tree as good as anything I have tried. The top stand off will pull off the tree slightly prior to toe setting it. After toe setting it there is great engagement with the teeth even though they are not sharp. Prior to toe setting it does not feel unsafe. I tried to put max pressure out on the front of the platform and the top bracket stays pretty tight so far.
I'll post some pictures.

9e7ddb0629590586c840f7005a1b35fc.jpg
ed57156c768f8fe280fade44399715e5.jpg
61591fb1a0c429896c368f4f0f5cba01.jpg
ae824060ad7c23d10f0f783b474146aa.jpg
1a40128aa944dfd2cc5a5e49e6ae25e0.jpg
a8cf927bd0057c437d9f6cba0783afb5.jpg
68aa50de6d53ae3993283af8382fa23e.jpg
4ac517f5af6fe27538e9cd6ec90b1c3d.jpg
c4251638ef30b4e155da3aff45d04aba.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like it functions great. If they came out with the non-XL version first, I'd probably would have ordered one to try out. it's not a big deal but they should try to make it blacker, that color looks terrible.

It looks like it functions great. If they came out with the non-XL version first, I'd probably would have ordered one to try out. it's not a big deal but they should try to make it blacker, that color looks terrible.
Does the platform have a level adjustment?

Yes, it has a knob. It is best show on my pic shown from the underside with the tape measure showing the platform width. It also black so blends in pretty good.

Would you say “engaging” the tree is different than “biting” the tree?
Not that one is better or worse. I just thought your word choice was interesting. And “biting” didn’t really seem like something carbon fiber would do to tree bark, as @Samcirrus pointed out with his talk of metal in the teeth.

Last edited:
The LWCG Ambush and Fix "bite" the tree pretty hard-core. That slides the platform down the tree and typically digs in the tree pretty good. They can get extremely tight to the tree no doubt.
I didn't use that word on purpose, but I get and agree with what you said.
Maybe on a smooth bark tree I could see some space between the top bracket and the tree... not sure I'll have to try that later.

Meh. I'm not saying it's not good (or not bad) - But I really don't see why it would be any better then my Predator XL. Maybe a bit more quiet from a bare makeup of the type of materials used - but nothing that my paracord/cobra wrap job didn't fix.

I like #2 and #4. Feel like they’re teeing up their customer service for their 2024 slogan: “rub some dirt on it.”
Btw I am not a Tethrd hater…or fanboy. I wear their kneepads and like them and their Lockdown saddle is phenomenal I’ve been using it all season. Just an easy joke, I’m sure these platforms are fine. Just missing the mark for me.

Back