• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Why don't yall 2TC?

Thought I'd add this. This is my current setup I have used for two seasons now. The top tether is stiff, the foot tether is soft. I haven't personally needed to add anything to the rope itself. Another stiff rope that has worked for me is HTP static in 9mm if you are looking for smaller diameter.

Attachments

• 2TC main setup.jpg
    2TC main setup.jpg
    689.7 KB · Views: 81
Thought I'd add this. This is my current setup I have used for two seasons now. The top tether is stiff, the foot tether is soft. I haven't personally needed to add anything to the rope itself. Another stiff rope that has worked for me is HTP static in 9mm if you are looking for smaller diameter.
Do you get a dollar every time you post this explainer pic?

Just kidding. Keep up the good work helping out the new 2TCers!

Haha, I was just looking at this from older posts this morning. I keep thinking about making two tethers that are identical, with a foot loop on one that I can move to the other in case of going over limbs.

Anyone quit 2TC and go back to other methods?
I went back to one sticking at the very end of the season. It's still easier/faster for me to get to 20+ feet (3 moves) when one sticking. Didn't "quit" 2TC and believe it still has its place but also won't be sticking with it exclusively in the future either.

Anyone quit 2TC and go back to other methods?
In truth, no. I've never physically seen a single climbing stick yet other than some clunky ones at fleetfarm. But the idea of sticks is not even tempting because of the simplicity of 1 rope with 2 stiffened ends and some hitches, being all I need to get up any tree. However, I much prefer SRT, and have preset all my favorite spots on 2 different pieces of private land. Same rope I 2TC with, is also my ropewalking SRT rope.

I think I’ve got it guys. The only way to get people to fan boy over 2TC is to require them to buy stuff to try it. No one wants to try something new with old gear they already have laying around. These gear junkies need stuff to buy. We’ve been going about this all wrong. Whenever someone asks what they need to 2TC we need to recommend a bunch of gear first before ever starting.

So let’s make a couple kit lists of things they “have to” buy to 2tc.

Here’s a 11mm set up, I think we need a 8mm set up, maybe CGMs webbing 2TC kit., and CGMs Amsteel 2TC kit as well.

PRO Elite Predator 2TC kit (11mm)
  1. 1x Cgm foot loop
  2. 2x Brand new 8-10ft spliced eye 11mm predator rope tethers
  3. 3x 8mm Samson Ice or Bail out spliced or sew eye to eye hitch chords
  4. 1x Rock Exotica SwivelEye carabiner
  5. 1x Rock exotica pirate wire eye autolocking carabiner
  6. 6. 2x CGM side pouches
  7. 7. 2x hitch tenders

I think I’ve got it guys. The only way to get people to fan boy over 2TC is to require them to buy stuff to try it. No one wants to try something new with old gear they already have laying around. These gear junkies need stuff to buy. We’ve been going about this wrong. Whenever someone asks what they need to 2TC we need to recommend a bunch of gear first before ever starting.

Here’s a 11mm set up, I think we need a 8mm set up, maybe CGMs webbing 2TC kit., and CGMs Amsteel 2TC kit as well.

1. 1x Cgm foot loop
6. 2x CGM side pouches
7. 2x hitch tenders
I think this may be the breakthrough...

Any of you guys 2tc and hang with a .5? I'm thinking this may be my go to next season.
I wouldn't see any reason why it would not work. You'd just have to figure out the procedure for hanging the stand when you get to height, but you could practice that one move off the ground until you get it down pat.

I think I’ve got it guys. The only way to get people to fan boy over 2TC is to require them to buy stuff to try it. No one wants to try something new with old gear they already have laying around. These gear junkies need stuff to buy. We’ve been going about this all wrong. Whenever someone asks what they need to 2TC we need to recommend a bunch of gear first before ever starting.

1. 1x Cgm foot loop
  6. 6. 2x CGM side pouches
  7. 7. 2x hitch tenders
The only thing I will add is the kits need to come with the choice of an additional backpack at the low, low price of say $500.

Back