• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

sit drag

1. U

DIY PROJECT: 2 Sit Drag with D rings

So I've been coming to this forum for a few years now and love it. Finally decided to join! I have 2 sit drags that I am thinking about trying to make into a an Overwatch Transformer type saddle. I have all of the materials (I think) just wondering if anyone has tried or heard of anyone trying...
  2. G

New to saddle hunting in New Zealand

Due to extended time off I’ve been looking at new ways to hunt here in NZ. After finding various vids on web and this site I’ve started putting together some items that I can find here and ordered a sit drag to try. I like the idea of 2tc and reppelling down. Don’t like the idea of price of...
  3. Red Beard

ISO generous donor - youth (or women's) RCH and/or combo

Long story short... Bought a new house in the beginning of SEP. Have a ladder stand for my oldest daughter to hunt from, but we've been too busy moving our stuff over the last month to get out and hang it on our new property. She's stoked that it's her first year as a shooter (observation only...
  4. L

Sit Drag Ideas

Hey guys! New to the site and also saddles. I have a good buddy that has been hunting saddles a while now and he has invested in a tethrd mantis and loves it. He let me play in it for a day and I have decided that I have to get into the saddle game. It was amazing. The downside is the cost, I...
  5. C&Doutdoors

New to saddle hunting...Advice on sitdrag mod

Im new to saddle hunting and im currently using a sitdrag that i have done some mods to. Currently i feel the seat part itself isnt wide enough measuring in at 8in or so. Has anybody added to theres to help be a bigger seat area. If so can you please describe what you have done and pictures...
  6. Cajunyankee

Sit drag saddle + Rock climbing harness - please close

Sit drag saddle with 1/4inch Samson Amsteel Whoopi sling for a bridge. $35tyd Black diamond Alpine BOD climbing harness (Medium) with 1inch mil-spec tubular webbing for lineman belt. Tied with water knots The loops are stiffened with rope inside the webbing. $40tyd
  7. Thunder81

Climbing Harness and Sit Drag

I am new to Saddle Hunting and I am currently using a Sit Drag with a full body harness. I want to go to a Sit Drag with a Rock Climbing Harness. Who does this? Which Climbing Harness do I need to get. I use the 1 stick climbing method.
  8. Thunder81

Triple Fishermans Knot for Bridge?

So I am making a bridge out of climbing rope for my Sit Drag. I just need a short one so I made a loop with a triple fishermans knot in it. This will be attached using carabiners on each side of the Sit Drag. So I can remove it or swing it to the side as needed. I will then have a carabiner on...
Back