• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New to saddle hunting...Advice on sitdrag mod

C&Doutdoors

Im new to saddle hunting and im currently using a sitdrag that i have done some mods to. Currently i feel the seat part itself isnt wide enough measuring in at 8in or so. Has anybody added to theres to help be a bigger seat area. If so can you please describe what you have done and pictures would be helpful to thank you.

Are you a sitter, or a leaner? I hunt out of a sit drag, and it by far works better for leaning.

................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

Are you a sitter, or a leaner? I hunt out of a sit drag, and it by far works better for leaning.

................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx
I rotate between sitting and leaning on longer sits, was trying to find that comfortable balance between the two

I spent last weekend in a sit drag and a fixed bridge i made from some 5.9mm powerchord. it's not the most comfortable thing, but some guys have cut out the middle and sewn in a larger piece of fleece material to make a bigger bucket for your butt. honestly i might do that before my next hunt as i'm still waiting for my Kite to get shipped to me.

I sit and lean in my sitdrag. This year I sewed up my own, making it about an inch and a half wider. I also padded it. Hands down the most comfortable thing I have used. But, I have done all day sits in the original sitdrag and no problems.

\20190301_153030.jpg

I’m SitDrag guy and mostly a leaner. That said, I spent a marathon outing of 11 hours in it on one sit last year and never had any complaints

Everything I try has me longing for my old sitdrag. Unmodified besides a fixed bridge, I can’t find anything that suits my style better. 170lb fulltime leaner here. I do sit in it on longer hunts without issue.

I spent last weekend in a sit drag and a fixed bridge i made from some 5.9mm powerchord. it's not the most comfortable thing, but some guys have cut out the middle and sewn in a larger piece of fleece material to make a bigger bucket for your butt. honestly i might do that before my next hunt as i'm still waiting for my Kite to get shipped to me.
If you happen to do so can you post pictures or do you know where any pictures are from that being done?

I’m SitDrag guy and mostly a leaner. That said, I spent a marathon outing of 11 hours in it on one sit last year and never had any complaints

I did 3 or 4 sits from 2 hours before first light to dusk as well. It’s just a matter of finding your tether height and saddle placement on your body. And, expect muscles to get sore some since they aren’t used on a daily basis.

Seriously thinking of using two together with them only being tied together by the bridge loops. Thinking this way I could spread them apart to get a cupping effect. Might even sew some strap material between the two so there is a limit to how much they could spread apart. Anyone so something similar????

Seriously thinking of using two together with them only being tied together by the bridge loops. Thinking this way I could spread them apart to get a cupping effect. Might even sew some strap material between the two so there is a limit to how much they could spread apart. Anyone so something similar????
I thought of doing the same thing and using a stretchy fabric to put in the middle between the two. I feel like it would and would deffinley help with fitting that area alot better

I thought of doing the same thing and using a stretchy fabric to put in the middle between the two. I feel like it would and would deffinley help with fitting that area alot better
Not a sitdrag combo, but similar concept in my Wraptor. It is very comfortable this way with fleece in between.
5777e6c80919ae8d87d7c302eb13e44d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Not a sitdrag combo, but similar concept in my Wraptor. It is very comfortable this way with fleece in between.
5777e6c80919ae8d87d7c302eb13e44d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Your sling is awesome!! I like what you did with it!! I can build most anything out of metal but I may have to venture into fabric and build myself one of these..……….. GREAT JOB my man!!!

Here is what I did. So far, I would not change it. Maybe add leg loops. The GI sustainment pouch holds my tether, LB and rappel rope and provides proper spacing to hold the sit drag at butt height. The belt is to save me in a fall. No RCH necessary.

Back