• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beast sticks vs lwcg sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert loper

SH Member
I know i know we all saddle guys here but, I am a 70-30 stand/saddle user.
I use a stand most of the time.
my question is this.
I have beast sticks and i love them but, i hate how they stack. Great stick but they suck when stacking.
wondering if lwcg sticks with their flatter packability would be any help
I use a lwcg 1.0. Its a great stand
Thnks

The lwcg minis are great and pack great on the 1.0 and .5. I have mini beast sticks which i love but like you said they lack the packability. I want to try the lwcg double step sticks but the reviews are far from great on how well the bite the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lwcg minis are great and pack great on the 1.0 and .5. I have mini beast sticks which i love but like you said they lack the packability. I want to try the lwcg double step sticks but the reviews are far from great on how well the bite the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hear the same thing about the doubles.
i talked to Andre and they are making improvements on them.
I also have heard that the button is a bit too high and sometimes will cause kickouts.
i forgot to actually tell him the feedback on that.

I hear the same thing about the doubles.
i talked to Andre and they are making improvements on them.
I also have heard that the button is a bit too high and sometimes will cause kickouts.
i forgot to actually tell him the feedback on that.
I believe they are aware of the button placement being too high, i did hear andrae say that they are working on a 20” double step stick so hoping they make some changes to the originals

LWCG mini sticks are the best for packing in but the beast are the best on the tree. I thought the LWCG double steps were pretty terrible and need to go back to the drawing board.
Thnks man.

Lwcg sticks paired with lwcg stands are hard to match I have not seen a better “system” than that.
How about the movable parts? Wad never a fan of anything that moves. Whats pros and cons ?

How about the movable parts? Wad never a fan of anything that moves. Whats pros and cons ?

As far as standoffs are concerned by letting them rotate you will pretty much have 4 points of contact at all times. Makes for a solid stick. However, those are parts to wear out and from the turning it almost always loosens up and needs to be constantly retightened. A pain in the ass.

Ok the double step shikars? Would they or do they stay better than the beasts or super similar ? Would they be better? If so then how? Im up in the air so im looking for info before purchases
Appreciate it peeps

Ok the double step shikars? Would they or do they stay better than the beasts or super similar ? Would they be better? If so then how? Im up in the air so im looking for info before purchases
Appreciate it peeps
The shikar fxds pack better than the beast sticks but the standoffs need a little filing because they grip too well. The regular shikars are super packable but the moving parts are a pain in the ass. The key to the beast sticks is the beveled edge on the standoffs to allow the stick to be pulled down and locked in. Unless lwcg redesigns the double step sticks ill be hanging on to my beast sticks for the foreseeable future. I usually only bring 2 or 3 and a 3 step moveable aider so they dont pack that terrible on the .5 stand

Lwcg sticks paired with lwcg stands are hard to match I have not seen a better “system” than that.
I couldn’t agree more, for me it’s an easy decision if your running a lwcg stand the minis are the only way to go, bungee cords are for tarps on trailers.

I like Dan, I like his tree stand, I just don’t think that threaded rod is going to hold up, in my opinion that’s the weak link in that system, if they could have come up with a better way to make Dans sticks pack with that stand I probably would have ordered the whole package, maybe I am wrong time will tell.

I like Dan, I like his tree stand, I just don’t think that threaded rod is going to hold up, in my opinion that’s the weak link in that system, if they could have come up with a better way to make Dans sticks pack with that stand I probably would have ordered the whole package, maybe I am wrong time will tell.

Yep, totally agree. This is an advantage of LWCG’s approach to integration.

Seems like Dan designed the best stick he could, and the best stand he could, but not necessarily the best system. Maybe it will work great for folks, and I’ll be happy to hear that, but, as is, I don’t love how he integrated his components. I also didn’t care for the post to platform connection, but that’s neither here nor there.

In the end, even if I prefer the 2ble step Beast sticks and even if I preferred the stand, I don’t know that I still wouldn’t prefer the LWCG stand and stick setup for hybrid use.

If your system involves 1 sticking, and you’ll sit more, then it won’t matter as much and maybe the edge goes to the Beast platform. Since you have the LWCG stand, I think their sticks are most advantageous to the system.

Last edited:
The shikar fxds pack better than the beast sticks but the standoffs need a little filing because they grip too well. The regular shikars are super packable but the moving parts are a pain in the ass. The key to the beast sticks is the beveled edge on the standoffs to allow the stick to be pulled down and locked in. Unless lwcg redesigns the double step sticks ill be hanging on to my beast sticks for the foreseeable future. I usually only bring 2 or 3 and a 3 step moveable aider so they dont pack that terrible on the .5 stand
I do the same. 2 sticks with a double step movable aider

AFDC5558-7AFB-49EF-AE9D-B6B6E94E4C25.jpeg I have not hunted with this stuff one time yet, my season ended months ago, I can tell you from screwing around in the yard and owning everything known to man for the last 30 years I have never seen a slicker system than this for being mobile with a tree stand, I’m excited to try it.... My only gripe is I really liked my versa aider, I’m not a big fan of cable aiders, we will see, I mite end up ditching the cable aiders and getting 2 versa aiders, I really like these minis.

I'll throw a vote at the lwcg minis. I used mine a lot more than the mini beast, probably 40-3. Never had any problems with them using cable aiders and buckleless method. I think I tightened 2 of the bolts on the sticks about 3/4 of the way into the season.

View attachment 43951 I have not hunted with this stuff one time yet, my season ended months ago, I can tell you from screwing around in the yard and owning everything known to man for the last 30 years I have never seen a slicker system than this for being mobile with a tree stand, I’m excited to try it.... My only gripe is I really liked my versa aider, I’m not a big fan of cable aiders, we will see, I mite end up ditching the cable aiders and getting 2 versa aiders, I really like these minis.
Those brackets would catch on everything i walk by.
i hunt in super thick stuff. I couldn't stack them like that. Would catch on everythng

Because of the holes on the Beast Sticks, you may be able to figure out a j-hook type system with Beast Sticks to secure them vertically. It would differ from what is shown here in a LWCG system though, not only because of the advantageous grommet/port alignment, but because of the way Beast Sticks stack. The high stacking profile would cause interference with the seat shelf, so they’d have to be turned so the standoffs are pointing towards the outside. I don’t love it, but it could be made to work I. You’d still have to run stick attachment rods for stick-stick connection, or maybe design a U-hook that is spaced to run through both sticks or something like that Instead of a J-hook like LWCG has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back