• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bow hoist?

Nutterbuster

SH Member
Oct 12, 2017
Where the skys are so blue!
Doyle's hunting hoist is gonna get recommended a lot. I have one and like it, but honestly prefer a primos bow sling. I wear a small pack and sling my bow over my shoulder and away I go!

The Doyle's is gonna blow your mind though if you've never used a retractable rope.

vabwhntr

Jul 16, 2018
Looks like HSS sells a hoist also for about half the price of a Doyles on Amazon. Anyone ever use the HSS?

Reactions: Byrum

kwgoke

Jul 7, 2018
Fairfax, VA
I’ve been considering the Doyle’s because I see it recommended a lot in here, but I’ve been using a Hawk flat pull-up rope that has been great for me the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jsnake4444

Apr 5, 2018
DO NOT GET THE HSS HOIST! I bought one when they were first released and was overall pleased with it until I was bringing my bow up and the end clip broke off. My bow was approximately ten feet off the ground when it let go. Of course this happened on a perfect November rut hunt after a mile walk and a canoe paddle.

Reactions: ricky racer

Nutterbuster

SH Member
Oct 12, 2017
Where the skys are so blue!
DO NOT GET THE HSS HOIST! I bought one when they were first released and was overall pleased with it until I was bringing my bow up and the end clip broke off. My bow was approximately ten feet off the ground when it let go. Of course this happened on a perfect November rut hunt after a mile walk and a canoe paddle.
That's why I loc-tite my stuff down and mark all my adjustments. I had a buddy hunting with a trad bow try to mess with me by tossing his bow up on the bank from the boat and ask me, "Can your fancy wheelie-bow do that?" I shrugged and tossed mine up there too.

Short of a cracked limb or bent cam, not much keeps me from flinging arrows.

AvgJoewithaBow

Vendor Rep
May 27, 2018
Allen Company makes a retractable hoist with 2 ways to attach the hoist to a pack or stand. I picked one up last month pretty cheap and will be using it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jajtner01

Apr 2, 2014
San Diego, CA
I've always used paracord. I might look into some of the retractable ones though. Do they guys using the retractable ones climb with your pack on and just hoist the bow or do they handel the bow and pack?

Jan 18, 2018
I use just paracord, but seeing what else is out there. Never heard of the Doyle. The HSS seems too bulky for me and doesn't retract.

DanO

Vendor Rep
Jun 14, 2018
Michigan
doublesteps.com
LOL, go to Amazon and do a search for Doyles Hoist and then look at "Customers who bought this item also bought":
  • Wild Country Ropeman
  • Molle drawstring dump pouch
  • Samson rope splicing kit
  • Qliplet/Qlipter
  • BoatBuckle strap
  • HME Products Accessory belt
  • Petzel Attache Hera Screw Lock Carabiner
Does everyone at SaddleHunter shop at Amazon and no one else?? :D

tam9492

Jun 5, 2018
Central PA
I looked at the Doyles, but it's not worth an extra 14oz for me. Almost a pound for a pull-rope? I have a rope from Xstand. Its a flat, braided rope so it doesn't tangle as easily. Has rubber ties on the end to attach to gear. Just a couple ounces.

Reactions: Plinker22