• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Carrying sticks in...

Show me some set-ups on how you're carrying your sticks in...ideas ?
Some mount them on packs like this
____
____
____

or like this

| | |

Other people do || || on the sides of packs with mini sticks.

I use to carry my 30 inch lobe wolfs In one of those bags the collapsable chairs came in.

I can’t remember the name but there is small company that makes something similar that hugs all your sticks and has a strap to go over your shoulder.
It would be helpful to know what sticks and what pack you have and/or plan on using. You will be somewhat limited to packing based on your sticks and the packs features.

Last but certainly not least you have one stick and you can pack it any way you want \ | — or / It is less weight and bulk altogether, some are so small you can just carry them in with your free hand.

I should have mentioned I don't do the backpack, just a large fanny pack.

So, guessing the best/easiest would be a shoulder strap ?

Similar to this.
1672585979264.png

I should have mentioned I don't do the backpack, just a large fanny pack.

So, guessing the best/easiest would be a shoulder strap ?

Similar to this.
View attachment 78990

This is how I was doing it last season. I have 4 lone wolf sticks, and I was using a removable aider I made out of tubular webbing on the bottom stick, about a 36 inch loop. The webbing served as the carry strap. I can't say I recommend it since it was a pain to carry around. It was always shifting and was getting snagged on vines, etc.

I switched to 2TC and haven't picked up the sticks all season.

Attachments

• set up.jpg
    set up.jpg
    552.1 KB · Views: 104
Use gear ties to secure them together. Then use your lineman's belt or tether as a shoulder sling. That way you aren't carrying anything extra in.

Sell them on here and order W.E.Stepps. They all fit in a shoulder bag. Don't stick out to the sides or above your head...

I should have mentioned I don't do the backpack, just a large fanny pack. ...

Why do you not do the backpack? Have you tried it? It's my preferred method to cinch my sticks and platform to a small frame pack like the Kuiu 2300 if I'm running multiple sticks and doing longer hikes in. Very secure. Very easy. I wouldn't automatically discount a pack when saddle hunting, even if in the past you had no need for one. Open your heart and mind (and wallet) to the breadth of the saddle hunting experience, and the saddle Gods will bequeath upon you big bucks and plentiful does :wink:

Back