• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Comparing the Wild Edge Stepp vs. OOAL's Shikar sticks

Greg / MO

For anyone wanting to take a more in-depth look at Wild Edge Stepps or Out On A Limb's Shikar sticks, I do a side-by-side climbing comparison of the two to see how high you can get with each system when paired with the most popular aiders that are commonly used with them. We'll show you how to use a knaider and swaider with the Stepp system, and how to tie the loop properly... as well as give you a look at the VersaAider from Backwoods Mobile Gear being used with the Shikars.

If you're starting to look to make a purchase of one of these products soon to give yourself time to get ready for the coming hunting season, you might want to check out this short video:

I liked the video. It would have even better If a comparison was added to include WE with knaider only.

Only adding that as I am not confident in using both knaider and swaider. Knaider only for me.

I went with this setup in the "comparison" because that seems to be the most popular aider options used with both systems. I understand the hesitancy in going with the full knaider/swaider setup, as I started my plunge into this world with just a knaider as well. Basically you would put the Stepp at WAIST high each time, instead of chin high. Knowing that, you can figure out how high you could climb using your own height. :)

Even just using a knaider, and assuming setting each step at 3’, that is still 21’ for 7 Stepps. Still good for me.

I have both shikars and Stepps. Looking forward to using both this season.

Just watched your video and truly appreciate you taking the time to make it. I had already made up my mind to go with the Shikars and versa aider, your video gave me a visual of that setup. I wear 13.5 or 14 boots depending on brand, thinking WE steps would be cramped for me. Thanks again!

For anyone wanting to take a more in-depth look at Wild Edge Stepps or Out On A Limb's Shikar sticks, I do a side-by-side climbing comparison of the two to see how high you can get with each system when paired with the most popular aiders that are commonly used with them. We'll show you how to use a knaider and swaider with the Stepp system, and how to tie the loop properly... as well as give you a look at the VersaAider from Backwoods Mobile Gear being used with the Shikars.

If you're starting to look to make a purchase of one of these products soon to give yourself time to get ready for the coming hunting season, you might want to check out this short video:

Well done.

Just watched your video and truly appreciate you taking the time to make it. I had already made up my mind to go with the Shikars and versa aider, your video gave me a visual of that setup. I wear 13.5 or 14 boots depending on brand, thinking WE steps would be cramped for me. Thanks again!
There is plenty of real-estate on a WE step. I wouldn't let that be a deciding factor if I were looking at both. just FYI.

Back