• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cruzr XC - how to carry climbing sticks up the tree

VFL

Hi all,

I’ve been hunting out of my Phantom saddle for three years now and have a good system getting up a tree. I run Tethrd One sticks and have two loops of paracord tied to my Phantom on each hip to carry my sticks up. I’m wondering how everyone carries their sticks up in a Cruzr XC (molle loops aren’t located where the Phantom has them). I came across a YouTube video of someone running Eastern Woods Outdoors’ Kydex Mille j hook, but was wanted to pick everyone’s brain here before purchasing.

Thanks in advance and good luck out there!

I do exactly what you described you do on my XC. A loop of paracord on each hip bit enough to loop a stick through each one. I’m doing 4 sticks again (don’t like aiders) and attach 2 of them at ground level and loop the other two sticks through the paracord loops, one on each hip and climb. Works pretty well for me.

I do exactly what you described you do on my XC. A loop of paracord on each hip bit enough to loop a stick through each one. I’m doing 4 sticks again (don’t like aiders) and attach 2 of them at ground level and loop the other two sticks through the paracord loops, one on each hip and climb. Works pretty well for me.
I just put my Cruzr on again to take a second look and thought I could get away with putting the paracord on the bridge loop

Well guys - I found my second and last saddle. This thing is so comfortable and zero hip pinch - I can’t believe I bought the phantom before this. I tied some paracord on my hips and it worked seamlessly. Thanks all for the help. Now the monster I’ve been holding off on all season just needs to show face. Good luck and thanks to all for the help.

Well guys - I found my second and last saddle. This thing is so comfortable and zero hip pinch - I can’t believe I bought the phantom before this. I tied some paracord on my hips and it worked seamlessly. Thanks all for the help. Now the monster I’ve been holding off on all season just needs to show face. Good luck and thanks to all for the help.
You’re welcome! It is really a nice saddle. I love mine. Best one I’ve owned yet.

Reactions: VFL
I use S-Biners on the molle loops of my Cruzr XC and have a loop of paracord on each climbing stick. :cool: Works great!
Cruzr XC 4 (2).jpg

I use a cruzer xc and four lone wolf sticks with 8mm rope. So I put bottom stick on, set second stick next to it and put rope up on top of first stick. The third and fourth sticks I just tie a single overhand knot with the end of the rope to each linesman loop. It's pretty easy for me and has not caused a bunch of noise, nothing clanks into other sticks. I have my platform hanging off the back of saddle off a molle loop.

Back