• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Do not drop that phone.

PapaBear

I nearly dropped my phone from hunting height recently. Sparking the purchase of a phone lanyard that I girth hitch to a compression strap on the side of my backpack that is facing me when hung in the tree.

I was wondering if anybody else uses one of these or what kind of clever solution they've come up with for this.

Also any great disaster stories of phone drops for the laughs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201106-191546_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201106-191546_Chrome.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 174
Lifeproof case = great for dropped on engine room floor, thrown on dash of the engine, or dropped out of shoeing box onto concrete barn floor. Lifeproof case < 30' drop from a pine tree when landing on a rifle stock. The rifle stock being the only hard surface around the base of the tree, which had six inches of soft pine needles. All true stories.

Yep I've been using that one all season so far. Works as it should but atleast on my phone you gotta watch that top right band cause if it slides down even a bit it will turn ringer up.

I got it mostly cause many times I'll be playing a game or something and have a deer sneak in and I'm trying to sneak phone in pocket without being caught. Nice to basically let it drop and go

lol... I went to take a picture of my setup...I can't, my camera is my phone.
I drilled a small hole in the corner of my case and crimped a 40# test loop of floro.
And I use a small retractable cable clipped to that.

Dropped mine 2 weeks ago. I was hunting a multi trunk tree and it hit every trunk on the way down. Life proof case... it was fine.

I keep mine in the left side cargo pocket on my pants at thigh level. With the saddle, I find thigh level cargo pockets are most useful to be able to access things.

My iphone 11 pro setup is extremely dialed in man. Have a slide on removable pop socket for better grip, but removable for armband use. I’m gonna girth paracord or something around that popsocket as tether for elevated tactical use.

Dropped mine for the first time a few weeks ago. I was in my IWOM hunting 30' up in my climber. The group of 10 hunters was pushing the woods to me/through me. Once they passed, i took off my IWOM and tossed it to the ground, next was a few layers. While unlayering my phone pops out of a pocket and falls right onto my IWOM. Plop... Boy that was lucky!
I learned many years ago ice fishing to always keep in a pocket as the ice fishing hole is a magnet for phones. Was a nice reminder that i had gotten lazy that morning!

I dropped mine 30 ft off tree early in season and man how am I gonna get that then I remembered I had a magnet on the case so I started fishing with my pull rope and tied my knife to it and finally pulled it up now I carry a magnet that will grab on to the case since I got a steel plate on one end of the case.

I have not dropped mine yet however it is only a matter of time. I will be getting one of these. By the way @FishBlood&RiverMud I have lost 2 phones down the ice hole. One I jammed my hand down the hole and caught however it was before smartphones were water resistant and the other went straight to the bottom.

No cell service where I live so don't have one to drop. Do you find it necessary to be tethered to a phone along with a tree? When I am hunting I am hunting not playing with a phone/computer.

No cell service where I live so don't have one to drop. Do you find it necessary to be tethered to a phone along with a tree? When I am hunting I am hunting not playing with a phone/computer.
If you do have Cell Service. It is good to have for emergencies.
Also good for calling in tags when you harvest.
GPS for Mapping.

A phone is a tool when it comes in the woods with me.

Also, how am I supposed to post here when hanging 20 feet up in a tree?

Back