• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Is there an end to the "wants"?

Please tell me there is. I want so many things. New bow, EZV, ground blinds, more presets, more clothes, muzzle-loader, deer hauler for starters. Will this end?

No, you can try. I think they call it self control? Not sure. Im in the same boat you are, but I making priorities. I want to me more successful at finding and killing deer. I have everything I need to do that, just have to put in the time now.

If we are talking about "wants for new", I think there is an end, and I'm there. I'm settled in on my method. If we are talking about "want better", I think that's achievable, but I am not there. I like to tinker and improve my method. If we are taking about "want safer", That will hopefully always be the case. And then there's "want more"...nothing wrong with having 7 of what you like!

No. Embrace it don’t be fearful, times like these it’s our patriotic duty to stimulate the economy, exactly why I’m contemplating stimulating LWCG with the purchase of a .5 soon, it’s the only sensible and right thing to do. LMAO

Last edited:
Forget the wants. Concentrate more on hunting during the right time. All the gear and fancy stuff won't help you murder deer if they are not there to be wacked. Save your money. Take 2 weeks off during peek rut and kill your limit. That's how you save money. IMO. I have been trying to lean towards that more. Just be in the woods when the deer are up and moving will improve your odds way more than the fanciest of things. I think nutter hit it best in one of his videos. Spend the money on gas to get you where the deer are.

Forget the wants. Concentrate more on hunting during the right time. All the gear and fancy stuff won't help you murder deer if they are not there to be wacked. Save your money. Take 2 weeks off during peek rut and kill your limit. That's how you save money. IMO. I have been trying to lean towards that more. Just be in the woods when the deer are up and moving will improve your odds way more than the fanciest of things. I think nutter hit it best in one of his videos. Spend the money on gas to get you where the deer are.
Oh HOGWASH!!! It's just money for cripe sakes. You can't take it with you.

No....I now have all my bow and arrow stuff really fine tuned...but I want to try 4 fletch and COC broadheads next year. My saddle and climbing setup is good....but I'm gonna dabble with a sit drag and fleece saddle.

I hunt in remote locations without cell service by myself, so now I have plans to turn my truck into an overnight camper with the ultimate self-rescue setup (battery booster, air compressor, winch, high dollar first aid kits, chainsaw, and the list goes on).

I don’t think they ever truly end if you’re really into this stuff. I can say that they do get tempered quite a bit after some soul searching, at least for me they have. Like majority of us I have bought tried and sold more times than I’m proud of but it has been pretty helpful for me to narrow down the “types” of gear I like. Then from there I can sort of play in one ballpark at a time.

For instance, tried one sticking and really liked it at first until I didn’t anymore. Then decided to forget trying to chase the next dream piece of equipment for one sticking that might be the “game changer” I’m hoping for and instead focused on the best set of sticks ‘for me’. I think I found that now, at least for the time being. I’m almost there/might already be there with the platform. Also decided to take cost of gear into account much more and that has also helped me narrow down my focus. Then also if there was something big/expensive I REALLY wanted, I often don’t let myself buy it until I sell something or several things first to help fund it. Makes it feel a lot better doing it that way.

In the past I would never do any of this stuff and it was maddening after a while and just kind of sapped my energy and enthusiasm (and bank account) for whatever the interest was. Feels much more relaxing and liberating to have some self-imposed control on this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please tell me there is. I want so many things. New bow, EZV, ground blinds, more presets, more clothes, muzzle-loader, deer hauler for starters. Will this end?
Ask the Buddha.

You just have to prioritize and not get all at once. You got time...I got a new used bow last year and this year i jumped into saddlehunting. Those two were big ones and now i am just tinkering with smaller stuff. I would rather work less than spend more,life is short. And time in the woods is precious.

Nope. I'm always wanting something to tweak my saddle setup and make it better. We won't even go into my bow and rifle stuff...sigh.

Are you kidding. I have 4 sets of climbing sticks 4 saddles 3 platforms . Sold my 5th saddle and had withdraw for weeks. Have an e-bike for hunting and now I want a bigger and better e-bike. It never stops .

The wants will go away when the needs start taking over. You definitely need a new bow, ground blind, and a deer hauler.

Back