• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Is Yarak and Kestrel Flex the same saddle?

Shakeandbake

I watched a YouTube video with the WE guys and they said they work with aero hunter and designed the flex but they also produce their own? I ordered a kestrel flex but I’m reading people calling Yarak the flex. Just looking for some clarity on the difference between the two of they work for aero hunter.

This seems similar too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Saddles choices. Seems like they keep growing
Which is the Porsche or civic or F250 or Jeep or dirt bike.
Some are light, some are expensive, some have luxury comfort, some are bare bones and some are homemade. Fleece saddles, yarak, H2, sit drag, Jx 3, phantom, recon, Eberharts new sling, mantis, kite, kestrel, flex, preachers seat, and some I missed.

Oh cruzer and ?.. Ambush, trophy line ?

Last edited:
Saddles choices. Seems like they keep growing
Which is the Porsche or civic or F250 or Jeep or dirt bike.
Some are light, some are expensive, some have luxury comfort, some are bare bones and some are homemade. Fleece saddles, yarak, H2, sit drag, Jx 3, phantom, recon, Eberharts new sling, mantis, kite, kestrel, flex, preachers seat, and some I missed.

Oh cruzer and ?.. Ambush, trophy line ?

It’s good to have choices to research, keeps what little free time I have from my kids exciting lol

This seems similar too

I like to see some new players and competition in the game but this one I don’t know.

Looks kinda... lacking attention to detail... those mollie loops are uneven looking, patch is off center, some threads hanging off and those lineman loops look really far back. If that’s the advertising best of the best model I am kinda scared to see what I would receive. If I am not making it myself and know how it’s built I would likely only buy from a reputable company insured and testing their products.

yea yea I know I am a picky sob...

The Flex is both made and sold by AeroHunter and is a full fabric saddle.

The Yarak is (was?) made by AeroHunter but was SUPPOSED to be sold by Wild Edge and is a mesh saddle. IMO, this saddle is a unicorn. There was a lottery last year before season for a select few that were available, with WE stating more would be available tbd. If you find a Yarak for sale, chances are it won't be for long and you'll pay a premium. With that said, there hasn't been a whole lot of info released / leaked in regards to an approximate release or timetable. Personally I'm not very optimistic at this point, gave up and headed in a different direction.

I like to see some new players and competition in the game but this one I don’t know.

Looks kinda... lacking attention to detail... those mollie loops are uneven looking, patch is off center, some threads hanging off and those lineman loops look really far back. If that’s the advertising best of the best model I am kinda scared to see what I would receive. If I am not making it myself and know how it’s built I would likely only buy from a reputable company insured and testing their products.

I kinda like the looks of it. Seems like it could potentially be more available than the other...

The Flex is both made and sold by AeroHunter and is a full fabric saddle.

The Yarak is (was?) made by AeroHunter but was SUPPOSED to be sold by Wild Edge and is a mesh saddle. IMO, this saddle is a unicorn. There was a lottery last year before season for a select few that were available, with WE stating more would be available tbd. If you find a Yarak for sale, chances are it won't be for long and you'll pay a premium. With that said, there hasn't been a whole lot of info released / leaked in regards to an approximate release or timetable. Personally I'm not very optimistic at this point, gave up and headed in a different direction.

Yea... if the yarak does get made again I highly doubt aerohunter will be the supplier. I think there was a falling out. Only like 25 or so Yaraks were actually made I hear...

I have a flex. I find it comfortable but I wish the pleat would stay closed when not used It is well made.
I am picky too. I love my Jx3 but I am still looking for the perfect compact saddle I will try a few more and sell the ones I do not want

I talked to Drew at the Harrisburg show a couple weeks ago. He said the Yarak would be released in the summer, I believe he said June or July but don’t hold me to it. He didn’t mention the manufacturer, but I think they had some Trophylines in their booth the day or two after I went. I sat in a Yarak and it was far more comfortable than my Kite. When (if) it does come out I’m buying one.
Bought another Perch, they released a gen2 model with the wings (I believe that was a DIY mod from someone on the forum). Worth another look if you’re using Stepps but had issues with the gen1 model.
OOAL was there as well, if I ever break down and buy sticks it’ll be the Shiktars. Can’t believe how light and compact they are.

Two totally different saddles. The yarak features a unique molle system and fits differently. The only thing they have in common is the flex pleat. The yarak is expected to resurface on the market before next season

Back