• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Just had to share - new bow. Bowtech Core SR

CharlieTN

I’ve been shooting a 2007 Bowtech Guardian for the past 4 years and honestly only got it because my daughter was getting into competitive archery and that way we could practice together. I had forgotten how much fun it is and eventually decided to hunt with it. Jump forward and I was blessed to be able to finally upgrade to a new bow. Picked up the new Bowtech Core SR and absolutely love it. I paired it with the CBE Trek Pro 3-pin hybrid sight, Vaper Trail Gen7X rest, and Cutter Stabilizers 10” stabilizer.

The Guardian is going to be adjusted down for my daughter to be her hunting bow since she shoots with an open class bow and a 32” front stabilizer is a bit difficult to move through the woods. It is a great shooting bow thought and has served me very well.

Specs
65lb draw weight
92% let off according to the shop scale
29” draw length
476 grain arrows
267 fps speed.

The Bowtech’s with the new technology are so easy to tune. It’s shooting bullet holes within just a few minutes and absolutely hammers it.

The only real issue I have with it is if I have to let down. With the 92% let off it feels like the string is just going to go slack before it finally gets back over that hump so it kind of jerks a bit on the let down but it’s still manageable. I’m only holding just under 6lbs of weight at full draw which will be nice if I have to hold on a deer for a bit.

Anyway, just had to share as I’ve never had such a nice bow. Now to go kill something with it.

IMG_1904.jpegIMG_1900.jpegIMG_1903.jpegIMG_1906.jpeg

Congrats on the new bow.

I saw some reviews on the new Bowtech Core bows and they seem to be well designed. I just wish the let-off wasn't so high or at least have a lower let-off option. I prefer 65% to 70% range but most of the bow manufacturers have opted for making their hunting bows with ultra-high let-off.

I do like the Bowtech Reckoning 36 as it has a lower let-off adjustment and is my top pick for a new bow.

They changed the grip huh? Looks pretty squared off. How does it feel?

Man I'm jealous! I can't justify switching out my Revolt X just yet but I'm going to be getting a new Bowtech again someday. I love all the features for tuning and fit they have.

Congrats on the new bow.

I saw some reviews on the new Bowtech Core bows and they seem to be well designed. I just wish the let-off wasn't so high or at least have a lower let-off option. I prefer 65% to 70% range but most of the bow manufacturers have opted for making their hunting bows with ultra-high let-off.

I do like the Bowtech Reckoning 36 as it has a lower let-off adjustment and is my top pick for a new bow.
Inside Out Precision YouTube channel has a video how you can adjust it to have less let off. Basically set the draw stop to the correct length but set the module to a different draw length (I think longer if I remember correctly) and you can adjust the let off that way.

They changed the grip huh? Looks pretty squared off. How does it feel?
It is but very comfortable. I haven’t played with the angle adjustment yet but honestly it just sits well in my hand using the proper “grip” or basically no grip.

Looks like a great bow! Congrats! Love the color too!
Thankfully that was the first color they got in the shop. I prefer the OD over the rest of the solid colors and honestly in such skeletonized bows, the camo just doesn’t actually do much anyway.

You’re shooting lights out with it. Congrats on new bow!
I start an indoor competition series this coming Saturday (tomorrow) and I was worried that it would hurt me to switch the week of the first shoot but I have been able to settle into this bow so quick. It really is a dream to shoot.

Here’s a group at 50 yards using the slider feature of the CBE Trek Pro sight. I knew the two low flyers as soon as I shot them. I’ll take the rest for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_1909.jpeg
    IMG_1909.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 20
I wanted to get a Bowtech last season but started reading about cable issues. Some bows were eating up cables in as little as 200 shots, supposedly. I never bought a new bow.

Keep us posted if you notice any of this with this model.

I wanted to get a Bowtech last season but started reading about cable issues. Some bows were eating up cables in as little as 200 shots, supposedly. I never bought a new bow.

I had that problem on my solution ss I bought last year.
, but I think mine was the string. It was just the serving separated/ wasn't tight enough. I got a free replacement from Bowtech

I had heard the same thing but my local shop never mentioned having any problems. I’m betting they just had a bad batch of strings/cables. Good thing is they addressed it quickly. I’ll keep an eye on mine, I’m well over 200 shots but not seeing anything yet.

Nice bow! And an even better bow shop! Doc is the man!

I have that CBE Trek Pro sight but in a 5 pin. Love it! Super easy to adjust and get dialed in.

Good luck with it and hope you can bring a big one home.

BT

Nice bow! And an even better bow shop! Doc is the man!

I have that CBE Trek Pro sight but in a 5 pin. Love it! Super easy to adjust and get dialed in.

Good luck with it and hope you can bring a big one home.

BT
Thanks. Shot my first competition with this setup on Saturday and managed to get a win in my division. Now just waiting for the chance to take it to the woods. Should work great.

Awesome bow!

I have a Bowtech Revolt and one of the Cores is what I’d get if in the market this year.

A little tip with that really high letoff:

1. It stinks to let down and I’ve had it mildly hurt my shoulder…try to avoid letting down a lot (shoot instead when you can) and experiment on how to let down (I pull my draw arm tighter to chest….never had to do that before)

2. With high letoff….a lot of folks find that pulling into the back wall before the shot helps with consistency. This way, you can dwell in the easy hold part of the valley while waiting on a deer but before the shot pull into the wall which mimics the feel of a lower let off now and most people shoot those a bit better

Back