• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kuiu 40% off

Did anyone actually try the proximity line in the field this year? I’m wanting to get upgrade this year. I doubt their sale includes their proximity line though.
No idea, the only thing Kuiu I run is the zip off base layers, those are great, I picked up a suspension for my .5 stand this morning.

Did you get the carbon frame as well or just the suspension?
Just the suspension, I’m going to mount it on my .5 stand and leave it there permanently, I have a Kifaru 26” Tactical frame already and another 24” Duplex Lite frame with bags on them that I’m happy with so I skipped the Kuiu carbon frame deal, the Kuiu suspension on the frame looked to long for me personally to leave on the stand all the time while it’s hung in the tree, I just wanted something a little better than the stock LWCG straps, hopefully this will do it, or else I will be ordering a TX5 suspension, the Kuiu looked more robust to me, I could be wrong though lol.

Just the suspension, I’m going to mount it on my .5 stand and leave it there permanently, I have a Kifaru 26” Tactical frame already and another 24” Duplex Lite frame with bags on them that I’m happy with so I skipped the Kuiu carbon frame deal, the Kuiu suspension on the frame looked to long for me personally to leave on the stand all the time while it’s hung in the tree, I just wanted something a little better than the stock LWCG straps, hopefully this will do it, or else I will be ordering a TX5 suspension, the Kuiu looked more robust to me, I could be wrong though lol.
I have only seen it attached using the carbon frame sheet but I agree, it looks like to much to leave there. I’d be interested to see how yours turns out. I have a .5 and a .75 in the way and will probably do something other than the stock straps.

Anybody run their pro hunting frame set up?
If so what do like and/or dislike about it.
The pro set up is the lightest and most comfortable pack I’ve owned. There is a ton of adjustability. That said it’s the suspension is a little bulky in the tree but it’s not much different than any other frame pack. I loved the Venture 2300, so having the frame to pack out meat as well is awesome. If you’re not packing meat I would said the frame pack is overkill. The pack does ride a little higher than other packs but it’s narrower which makes slipping through brush easy. I’ve only had mind for several hunts.

The pro set up is the lightest and more comfortable pack I’ve owned. That said it’s the suspension is a little bulky in the tree but it’s not much different than any other frame pack. I loved the Venture 2300, so having the frame to pack out meat as well is awesome. If you’re not packing meat I would said the frame pack is overkill.
This would be for a Colorado mule deer hunt and any other future western multi day hunts.
Looking at the 6000 bag

I have only seen it attached using the carbon frame sheet but I agree, it looks like to much to leave there. I’d be interested to see how yours turns out. I have a .5 and a .75 in the way and will probably do something other than the stock straps.
I’ll post some pics when it’s done, I got the idea off the Mobile Hunters United page.

@KYHunter did a Kydex attachment.

@KYHunter did a Kydex attachment.

I wish he had more detail on the kydex portion, but it does look like a better option than the frame sheet

I wish he had more detail on the kydex portion, but it does look like a better option than the frame sheet

I like the Kuiu frame. Never rigged it as a permanent connection to a .5 though. But it's only 11oz and has good ergonomics as well as torso adjustment.

But to break it down: the Kuiu shoulder straps attach to the frame by hook and loop and plastic Ts that run in cutout channels in the frame. You slip the T through the slot, turn shoulder strap upright and align hook and loop to desired torso height. The belt slides over the CF frame's tail and is secured with a hook and loop latch.

The belt has some structure behind the lumbar pad if I recollect correctly. Kyle R. punched holes in an Exo belt and made a tie attachment for some of his stuff, likely a similar approach would work here. The Kuiu shoulder straps don't terminate in webbing like the LWCG, they ride behind the back, so here's where @KYHunter applied Kydex as a solution, likely incorporating the T slot with hook and loop.

If the problem is the CF frame is just too long, I'd consider cutting the load lifters off and rigging the webbing attachment to my sticks diy. But I've seen the frame used with a .5, so I'm assuming at least the 22" frame works as is

This is the method I saw with the frame, but I think the frame is just more than I would want as the stand hangs from the tree.
I pretty much followed this guys method, with the carbon frame and I love it. For the small weight penalty I think it’s worth it. If for some reason you decide to take it off and then wanna put it back on it’s maybe easier with the frame I’d think. Also as far as hanging below the stand I just buckle everything and don’t have any issues at all!

Anyone know if the current sale (30%) on the suspension and frame are typically the best deal they offer or will there be better deals before next season?

@Bowtie747 what frame size did you get and what stand? In the video that’s a tall frame on a .75.

Back