• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Latitude SS vs Tethrd One?

Camelcluch

SH Member
With no real comparison between us, I do see some similarities. The differences seem to be small. The One (gen 3) seems to be holding its own. One issue brought up is the hand room on the Latitude. However, the sticks look close in shape and maybe dimension.
what do you all think so far?

I am going to give the latitudes a try. Weigh alittle bit more but should be alot quieter. No metal sounds attachment is pretty much the same, stacking pretty much the same, price is better on latitudes also. I like what latitude has done with their products. Seem to take alittle more time and make sure product is right before selling instead 3 generations in a year.

Probably end up selling my full length beast sticks, but keep my minis to run with the beast stand. Use the latitudes with my saddle setup.

My Tethrd One Sticks weighed a little over 1 pound stock with the pegs and rope from factory....I'm guessing it is one pound or less stripped down. But they don't/didn't advertise like that. Also, you have to stealth strip the One sticks.

The weight is going to be within an ounce.

If you want something right now, I'd get the One stick because no one else has tried and reviewed the Latitude stick yet.

A few things I question about the Latitude stick: how's those polymer teeth that come to a point going to hold up? that might be a weak spot. also, those standoffs are kinda thin and polymery and there's gonna be forces there trying to fold them...not sure what will happen when that piece tries to get flexed over and over

until i hear more, i'm placing tethrd ones above these in my mind

One sticks are the king of all sticks… they can’t be beat.

The only new sticks that look promising is the new XOP sticks. The one stick clones. They’ll sell a ton of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’m really curious to see someone actually climb on the latitude sticks. All the footage of sticks sitting on demo poles is fairly useless.

I like my Tethrd stick. I would like to try the latitudes.

Good observation on the hand hold.

I have the same thoughts. At that price point, they’ll sell a pile of them. Hoping my nephew decides to try a set so I can get my hands on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was super pumped about the possibility of Cruzr’s stick. They flopped big on that. I’m in no hurry and may have two years before I whitetail hunt again. I would like a light system for elk. I will wait for the info on the latitude sticks but they are super interesting.

In one of the videos of a guy using the latitude sticks they zoomed in when the guy was climbing and I was expecting to see some flex in the sticks and I can say I didn't see any

You all say Cruzr bombed on their sticks. But they were working on the same type of carbon composite stick as latitude even someone posted they saw the sticks and said they looked like custom gear doubles just like the latitudes do except Cruzr pulled the plug. I wonder why?

You all say Cruzr bombed on their sticks. But they were working on the same type of carbon composite stick as latitude even someone posted they saw the sticks and said they looked like custom gear doubles just like the latitudes do except Cruzr pulled the plug. I wonder why?
In another thread it said they were having material consistency issues.

In another thread it said they were having material consistency issues.

Something seems odd…. Thinking back… Cruzr and Latitude both said they were going to make a carbon composite 1lb stick. Playing with carbon composite isn’t something either one is going to mess around with in house. They are going to go to a chemical manufacturer that specials in the stuff. Now both their time lines seem the same original release estimate same. Delays… same … mfr issues same….Cruzr pulls the plug on a composite stick that looks like a custom gear double. Latitude moves forward with a stick that looks like a custom gear double.

Hmmmmm….

Something seems odd…. Thinking back… Cruzr and Latitude both said they were going to make a carbon composite 1lb stick. Playing with carbon composite isn’t something either one is going to mess around with in house. They are going to go to a chemical manufacturer that specials in the stuff. Now both their time lines seem the same original release estimate same. Delays… same … mfr issues same….Cruzr pulls the plug on a composite stick that looks like a custom gear double. Latitude moves forward with a stick that looks like a custom gear double.

Hmmmmm….

could be a non-compete agreement between them even....hey, don't release your stick now that is like ours and we'll do something for you and then you release your different stick later and maybe that will help us some way also

i don't know or even know if that is legal....but it might be possible

Hmmmmm….
I thought Cruzr was trying to use a marine plastic reinforced with nylon or something like that. Don't believe they were using carbon fiber like latitude.

I thought Cruzr was trying to use a marine plastic reinforced with nylon or something like that. Don't believe they were using carbon fiber like latitude.
That was my understanding as well. 2 different materials

With no real comparison between us, I do see some similarities. The differences seem to be small. The One (gen 3) seems to be holding its own. One issue brought up is the hand room on the Latitude. However, the sticks look close in shape and maybe dimension.
what do you all think so far?
Well, I am completely done supporting Tethrd. So, maybe I’ll give the latitudes a try. Am going to put my current set of double step sticks on a tree and see how much I wrap my hands/fingers around the steps when climbing to see if the latitudes step/stand-off design would be an issue.

Back