• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lost or potentially stolen equipment

Murph4028

Vendor Rep
So I posted a link below for the equipment I am referencing but a while back I posted the thread about how I built a platform and modded some helium sticks for a friend of mine. Well I had my wife mail them back to him and turns out the post office is telling me that they either lost them or they were stolen. Unfortunately my wife didnt get insurance on the items when she mailed them so Im stuck with a 50 dollar compensation check from USPS and all of his items are gone. So Im posting this thread for awareness and asking anyone who may come across these items to please let me know. No questions will be asked I'd just like them back. Thanks.

https://saddlehunter.com/community/...air-raid-platform-and-more.12630/#post-187149

Did you get any of the original packaging back from USPS? Something sounds very wrong here as far as this kind of thing goes. I can try to help you find it if you PM me the tracking info.....a copy of the mailing receipt would also be a big help. The process is very slow going but usually items are not lost or stolen just came out along the way and USPS has no clue where they belong but we try to send them to a facility for recovery! Hope I can help....I'm just a clerk but I have much higher up friends!

Did you get any of the original packaging back from USPS? Something sounds very wrong here as far as this kind of thing goes. I can try to help you find it if you PM me the tracking info.....a copy of the mailing receipt would also be a big help. The process is very slow going but usually items are not lost or stolen just came out along the way and USPS has no clue where they belong but we try to send them to a facility for recovery! Hope I can help....I'm just a clerk but I have much higher up friends!

Awesome. I will PM the info to you in a few. I have to upload it. Thanks!

Wow that’s awesome of you!

Great gesture to help a brother out

Another example of why this site and its members are great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So just to update this post....
I have received an email back from consumer division about these lost items search- @Murph4028 you have to answer some questions in a PM I sent you for me to proceed with a more detailed search......I can file the detailed search within the recovery location just as soon as you answer a few questions for me in a PM.
I have it set to go with photos(you postedon saddle about the DIY) and detailed descriptions of the stuff just won't let me file it without your name and the addressees name I have both addresses just need names that were on the package.....
For everyone else:
I'm not saying this is what happened to @Murph4028 -just putting this out there....because sorting parcels is mostly what I do for USPS....
Sometimes the shipping labels come off in the machinery, get stuck to other packages, or even become unreadable.
Be sure to include a return address clearly written as well as the shipping address.
Remove or cover all prior mailing bar codes and addresses on the shipping package( previous codes/addresses can send it for a ride)
The cost of insurance is pretty cheap usually about 3.00 dollars per hundred bucks
Priority mailings only include the standard 50.00 unfortunately.
Provided someone didn't steal them from the mail stream:
His package should get to the addressee or be returned to him if the address was not good or the bar code was not associated with the address by the shipping location.......it should be returned. Or if the contents came out someone still should get the empty box either way! Fingers Crossed I'm still trying!

@Bourdeau I am the buddy in Michigan that was supposed to receive the package, I really appreciate all the help you have been. Not going to lie, I've never had a lost package and this has been driving me crazy.
I feel so bad for both of you....I sort well over 3,000 parcels every day for a very busy office....I have seen it all in my time as a clerk( only the last 5 years) but to have someone intentionally steal your stuff really burns me up- if that's the case. I take the oath we all at USPS made going into this work very serious and to think there are people taking 20 lb packages is just too unbelievable! I told @Murph4028 in an email to him yesterday you don't have to thank me we do this for customers all the time. I'm not done with this yet I have a great friend (my postmaster) who sometimes finds things even after everyone else gives up. He has just sustained a horrible loss and I'm trying to let him get caught back up before I ask him for help!

Just to update this post, we still havent heard anything. Its been almost two months. Probably safe to assume its a loss. I want to thank @Bourdeau for all your help and effort in trying to locate the items. We both really appreciate it. If anything turns up I'll let you know.

Unfortunately I have heard absolutely nothing about these "lost" items, I am not very happy about the fact that USPS have only responded that they got the claim, looking like a wash, disapeared right before our very eyes.....dishonest people suck.

I'm the time frame since Murph4028 shipped my platform and sticks back to me I have ordered and received other products, some delivered thru UPS or FedEx or the USPS. Basically considering this package a lost, already ordered a ring of steps and plan on buying xop sticks when they become available again. If the lost package ever shows then great but I'm not holding my breath, especially after lodging complaints they seem to want to do nothing. Guess it's FedEx or UPS from now on. Btw tracking info has not been updated since February 23rd, last location unknown

Guess it's FedEx or UPS from now on.

Good luck with either of them if things go missing either. In fact there is a current thread on AT where a bow got damaged in shipping from UPS and it had insurance and the claim was denied because UPS packaging services were not used to pack the box.

I left my house one day to run down the street for a minute and there was a large box on the porch. Since I was only going a 1/4 mile I went on. 5 min. later when I came back it was gone and USPS and UPS neither could tell me they delivered anything. Still don't know what I lost

I'm going back to work at our main office next week, I am going to pull out the big guns on this one...I think he's going to call the last place it was at and try to figure out how a 20lb box just vanished, who ever took it should be working for someone else not USPS.

Good luck with either of them if things go missing either. In fact there is a current thread on AT where a bow got damaged in shipping from UPS and it had insurance and the claim was denied because UPS packaging services were not used to pack the box.

Have worked with UPS for 31years and that’s the first I have heard of denying a claim for that reason. Not packing it properly yes but as far as I know you don’t have to bring it to any UPS store or center to have a package packed.

Back