• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Gear for 2023, Go!

Camelcluch

SH Member
Just because the 2022 thread was so popular and I would like to see what new items are coming out. I’ll start with some standard items.
Tethrd will have a carbon platform, again…
Timber Ninja is putting out a carbon stand and updated sticks, again…
Latitude Carbon Speed Stick
Cruzr marine grade sticks
Wild Card; Exomountain may release the K4 pack.
What do you all have?

They are supposed be made out of marine grade polymers like a boat transom. Really pretty interesting if it works out.
I stopped by CRUZR HQ this week. It looks like they had to change directions away from the polymer stick. As they described it, they got too close to the edge of material science capabilities and couldn’t get through the requisite testing cycles while feeling confident in the safety characteristics. I saw prototypes of the design they will have at ATA and they were a machined aluminum step design. They look like they will stack very nicely. They are still considering a carbon fiber post to reduce weight. I’m sure they will continue to investigate innovations but are starting here to get a viable stick in their product line sooner than later.

I stopped by CRUZR HQ this week. It looks like they had to change directions away from the polymer stick. As they described it, they got too close to the edge of material science capabilities and couldn’t get through the requisite testing cycles while feeling confident in the safety characteristics. I saw prototypes of the design they will have at ATA and they were a machined aluminum step design. They look like they will stack very nicely. They are still considering a carbon fiber post to reduce weight. I’m sure they will continue to investigate innovations but are starting here to get a viable stick in their product line sooner than later.
They say anything about weight?

Was it all one piece like the LWCG double step stick or did it use bolt on steps and stand offs?

That’s garbage. I was looking forward to the polymer option.
I am interested in the new Zeiss offering. Seems like a very nice option for light weight quality glass.

Back