• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

No jokes. Do you crazies really saddle hunt in Crocs?

HuumanCreed

SH Member
Looking at you @Red Beard. Jokes and mocks are always welcomed. But some actual facts and opinions would be appreciated!

I'm no longer as concerned about weights and compactness as I was in regards to saddle hunting. I don't see myself walking to spot or climbing with Crocs. But I'm willing to carry a pair in a backpack and switch out at hunting height. Also considering using bolt ROS next season so I am concern if they would offer enough support. I know nothing about Croc shoes BTW, so if you can recommend one too please.

I’m told it’s the only SH option otherwise your shoes don’t drain off after peeing on one’s feet.
Seriously my new 2022 skylined camo crocs came in.

Attachments

• C62CE687-9EF7-4C57-A9E9-88F60CE92C31.jpeg
    C62CE687-9EF7-4C57-A9E9-88F60CE92C31.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 175
I digress. I really need the ongoing flexible pandemic virtual work schedule to end.

Yeppers! They are where it's at. Comfort on a platform is great and they're good down to 45ish degrees.

The single drawback I've found is trying to recover a deer that has gone into briar or cutover growth. Best be going back to the vehicle to don a pair of boots for that.

I wear knee high Muck boots on pretty much every hunt throughout the year. Everywhere I hunt has soft, wet, swampy terrain... Or at least the possibility of it.

Where the heck are you Croc enthusiasts hunting? Gravel roads and sandy beaches?

I love my crocs and I was once a devout never-crocker. I don’t wear them in the woods though. The drainage holes just between the upper and the sole is a magnet for sticks and crap to jab my foot. I do know someone who hunts regularly in crocs though.

I wore em a couple times in near freezing temperatures and my feet stayed pretty warm with wool socks. They allow your feet to dry quick if your feet sweat a lot like mine. Pretty quiet for stalking too.

I despise crocs with my very existence, and I wouldn’t wear them if Crocs sponsored me to wear them. I’m either in viper proof rubber boots or I’m in tall loggers style boots. I like a hard sole shoe and I’m not walking through all these swamps in creeks in crocs. Snakes, gators, ticks and leaches all trying to get ya!….. no thanks

I despise crocs with my very existence, and I wouldn’t wear them if Crocs sponsored me to wear them. I’m either in viper proof rubber boots or I’m in tall loggers style boots. I like a hard sole shoe and I’m not walking through all these swamps in creeks in crocs. Snakes, gators, ticks and leaches all trying to get ya!….. no thanks
I was on the same boat but I had to try em. They're comfortable. I have a short window of time I can wear em around here and decided to give em a go. Dry, cool fall days when the bugs aren't out and I'm sitting on the ground they might be my new go to.

Yeah, your environment would make me seriously reconsider my desire to hunt. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

I wear em as my driving shoes going to and from my spots, but any time I go in the woods when it's warm enough to wear them, I want sealed shoes to help with tick and chigger prevention. After getting hit with the AlphaGal allergy a couple decades ago (and thankfully growing out of it more recently), avoiding tick bites is my top priority when I go in the woods, even above comfort and harvesting game. By the time it's cold enough to stop worrying about ticks and chiggers, my feet get too cold to wear crocs.

Yeah, your environment would make me seriously reconsider my desire to hunt. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Yep....encountered enough snakes that l have no desire for open toes in the woods. Plus im clumsy enough with regular shoes to handicap myself with Crocs walking around in the woods.

No, l dont know anything about snakes or how to tell if they are dangerous. Dont want to be close enough to find out.

Crocs and wool socks are pretty good in the woods. Crocs and bare footies are pretty good on early season hot hunts where the walk is short and I'm taking the boat.

But Tingley airgos and wool socks are where it's at. EVA foam boot.

I was on the same boat but I had to try em. They're comfortable. I have a short window of time I can wear em around here and decided to give em a go. Dry, cool fall days when the bugs aren't out and I'm sitting on the ground they might be my new go to.
Yea I have flip flops for those days. We call em Florida cowboy boots :sweatsmile::sweatsmile: y’all can keep those crocs

Crocs and wool socks are pretty good in the woods. Crocs and bare footies are pretty good on early season hot hunts where the walk is short and I'm taking the boat.

But Tingley airgos and wool socks are where it's at. EVA foam boot.

Came here just to say that but, you beat me to it. Tingleys and merino socks get me to the mid 40's, alpaca socks get me a few degrees below that.

I’m always in my crocs and got a new pair a year ago. My wife put them on while we were on vacation last summer and she stopped on the way back to ga and get everyone(3 ppl) new crocs.
But, I wear my tingley rubber boots with wool socks or red head mid length hiking boots anytime I’m in the woods. I’ve tried the crocs before and don’t like getting poked in the toes. Don’t think I want to one stick with them either.

Back