• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle Questions!

Backstrap Assassin

Last season I created a DIY saddle out of the sit drag paired with the rock climbing harness just to make sure I was going to like saddle hunting. Loved it!

Now, I’m looking at purchasing a Mantis saddle.

My question is, is there talk about Tethrd coming out with a new saddle this year? I heard Ernie on a podcast saying something about “how they have big plans for this year and to keep an eye out” I don’t want to buy a saddle and then in three months they come out with a new version.

Also, if anyone has a mantis, what are the things you dont like about it? What are it’s flaws?

Thanks for your time!

I have heard rumors of new "things" but not specifically a saddle. With production delays and demand being what they are, my suggestion would be to go ahead and get in line for a Mantis. You can always sell it later and recoup most of your investment if something else catches your eye. A bird in the hand and all that......

I have heard rumors of new "things" but not specifically a saddle. With production delays and demand being what they are, my suggestion would be to go ahead and get in line for a Mantis. You can always sell it later and recoup most of your investment if something else catches your eye. A bird in the hand and all that......
I would have to agree with this. I ordered an Aero kite yesterday with a tentative delivery date by the end of the month. That gives me some off season time to get it dialed in. I wouldn't wait!

I agree with what’s said above. If you are perfectly happy with the sit drag/rch you can wait and have nothing to lose. If you don’t want to start the next season in the sit drag I would do my best to try what is available now.

Excellent advice @bowhuntr09. There doesn't seem to be any difficulty turning over saddle equipment if it turns out not to be for you. I would bet the average sell time for a Mantis from intial listing on this site is under 10 minutes. Heck, there's still even a market for the old Aerohunter Evo's.

I would hang on a little longer . Areohunter is coming out with a new saddle and I wouldn't be surprised if Tethrd does too.

I would hang on a little longer . Areohunter is coming out with a new saddle and I wouldn't be surprised if Tethrd does too.

...and Aerohunters "April" date has already slipped to "summer" and you know there is going to be a huge wait once they do start shipping. Who wants to voluntarily be in the position of hoping your saddle shows up by the season when you can get already great equipment now?

...and Aerohunters "April" date has already slipped to "summer" and you know there is going to be a huge wait once they do start shipping. Who wants to voluntarily be in the position of hoping your saddle shows up by the season when you can get already great equipment now?
Did you call them. I looked at there web page and didn't see anything about it being pushed to summer. Just was wondering.

Did you call them. I looked at there web page and didn't see anything about it being pushed to summer. Just was wondering.

Someone else mentioned a couple of days ago in another thread that they spoke to Debbie and she said it wouldn't be April now, probably summer. I don't remember who it was or what thread it was in.

I ordered a Kestrel a few weeks ago and it arrived yesterday! Even with knowing they are coming out with something new (eventually) I wanted my saddle now. I want all summer to refine all the details and practice shooting from it. It was not worth it for me to wait on a new release and then be stuck hoping I had a saddle by September. I got a few minutes to hang in it this afternoon and I couldn't be happier with my decision. If the new release is that much greater, then I'll order it for next year.

Use your DIY and hold out till you find out for sure if they are coming out with a new one that you might like better. I did the DIY for a few years & loved it till I bought my Tethrd Mantis which I love. you can get a Tethrd Mantis on here if you keep an eye out when you decide to get one. Hard choice!!

Excellent advice @bowhuntr09. There doesn't seem to be any difficulty turning over saddle equipment if it turns out not to be for you. I would bet the average sell time for a Mantis from intial listing on this site is under 10 minutes. Heck, there's still even a market for the old Aerohunter Evo's.
This is exactly why I ordered my mantis now. I'm coming from a sit-drag / RC harness so I wanted an upgrade. If something new comes out or for some reason I don't like the mantis (I doubt that will happen) I'm sure I can get most of my money back.

My Mantis was delivered to my office on Saturday at 11:47 and at 12:23 some jackwagon stole it. I had it delivered to the office because USPS never delivers there on Saturday and I wanted someone there to bring the package in. I guess USPS thought a random Saturday delivery sounded like a good idea. I'm livid.

My Mantis was delivered to my office on Saturday at 11:47 and at 12:23 some jackwagon stole it. I had it delivered to the office because USPS never delivers there on Saturday and I wanted someone there to bring the package in. I guess USPS thought a random Saturday delivery sounded like a good idea. I'm livid.

Wow that’s horrible. I also get things sent to my office for the same reasons. I guess that’s not as solid of a plan as I thought!

What brand of creature does such a thing?

A villain. I live in central cincinnati and I promise you...this fella doesn’t hunt. But the cop who took the report is a saddle hunter (you never know where you’ll find us). I think his blood is up and he is working overtime...haha. I have it all on camera so hopefully he gets caught. My guess though...he probably opened it, had no idea what it was, and tossed it in the trash somewhere. Mortifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back