• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle Safety (Fraying/Threads coming loose)

mn_booner

I have an Aerohunter Kestrel Flex that I got last year. The manufacturer date is 8/9/19. I only used it for one weekend last year, other than that it has just been sitting in storage. It appears to have quite a bit of fraying and some of the threads where the bridge loops connect to the saddle are pulling loose. Anyone seen anything like this on an Aerohunter Kestrel Flex? Is this still safe?

AKF 1.jpgAKF 3.jpgAKF 4.jpgAKF 5.jpgAKF 2.jpg

Call Debbie at Aerohunter. That is the original flex. I’m sure she would replace it with the updated flex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an Aerohunter Kestrel Flex that I got last year. The manufacturer date is 8/9/19. I only used it for one weekend last year, other than that it has just been sitting in storage. It appears to have quite a bit of fraying and some of the threads where the bridge loops connect to the saddle are pulling loose. Anyone seen anything like this on an Aerohunter Kestrel Flex? Is this still safe?

View attachment 33588View attachment 33591View attachment 33592View attachment 33593View attachment 33594

Yep, as stated above call Aerohunter. They had some issues with the original flex but, my understanding is they will replace them.

Call Debbie she will make it right and accommodate. Its not a safety concern, just cosmetic defect. Tell her you need it until she can replace. Send yours back once you get the new one. She and AH are awesome to do business with.

I see on their website they discontinued the cool Predator camo that I have so that's a bummer if I have to get it replaced!

To be clear - these are cosmetic issues. The safety/support of the saddle is in the webbing which is intact.

The stitching ripping from the bridge loop is purely a cosmetic defect?

I see on their website they discontinued the cool Predator camo that I have so that's a bummer if I have to get it replaced!

The stitching ripping from the bridge loop is purely a cosmetic defect?
It is. The material that makes up the seat is not life support. The webbing chassis is. If you have webbing seperating from webbing, then its an issue. If its merely the webbing seperating from the seat material, its not a safety concern. Not to say I wouldnt be upset about it though. Lots of dollars right there!

Back