• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Talk me into a ROS

I want to try a ring of steps, I have a TrophyLine EDP right now, but don’t like how I have to spin around to shoot my weak side. I like the idea of ring of steps, but worried about being uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to try a ring of steps, I have a TrophyLine EDP right now, but don’t like how I have to spin around to shoot my weak side. I like the idea of ring of steps, but worried about being uncomfortable.

I had the same problem with my EDP this season. Blew 2 shots at 2 different deer because of it. Therefore decided to move on. Now I’m contemplating trying a bigger platform like the RRXL or potentially going back to the Mission. But have also considered trying ROS too. Maybe in addition to a platform but I would likely use a platform no matter what one way or the other. I like being able to simply stand like you do on a tree stand, draw and shoot. Really had trouble leaning off the edge of a platform in the moment of truth and pretty sure ended up twisting my back out trying to draw while not having a solid footing. Sort of turned me off to the small platform idea. They’re great to carry in, set up and hunt on. But shooting off of, not so much for me apparently.

I use a Ridgway runner with 2 steps. I'm a bigger guy, and the steps by themselves killed my feet. Paired with a platform, it's pretty sweet and barely added any weight. Allows for better footing and more positions to sit and lean

if im on sticks or we steps... i always put one slightly higher than my platform to my left... this allows me to go bow side all the way to 4 or 5 oclock depending on how big the tree is... if the tree is leaning i have had to spin around.. but its the same issue youd have on a ROS

You mean set top of stick to my left? About 9 o’clock?

If climbing on sticks I try to position them so they’re on the opposite side of where I expect deer & then usually platform 90ish degrees left of that. Basketball or smaller trees you can still shoot it all…….

Buy 6 Squirrel Steps on an OCB.
They speak for themselves.

Here's my ROS and climbing system. Fits in the waist belt of my pack. Walk up to the tree and start up.20211118_124027.jpg

I have 5 bullman pioneer steps coming to replace my diy hawk cut off ones. I always thought the ring of steps looked uncomfortable, till I tried them… good luck on the continuous battle of choosing saddle hunting gear lol

I’m using five tree hopper steps. I purchased the tree hopper strap as well.

But, have since switched to the EWO OCB strap which is lighter and easier to adjust and set for me.

I offset the steps from the top step of my sticks and around three to four inches above. The buckle is centered on the top stick.

This has given me the ability to get 360 around most trees. Although adjusting my tether length is something that is required to have that much mobility. I see the packability and versatility as key.

As others have said, maybe buy a few steps to use in conjunction with your platform to start off?

I suffer from newbie who carries to much crap syndrome, but I've been enjoying a ring of steps AND mission platform. Best of both worlds, but also weight of both worlds

Back