• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

deleted_user04

I feel like I have the best stick setup for for hunting. I hunt Kansas public land. I normally can only get 10- 15 feet.

I hunt South Carolina where I climb 20 feet on average.

I have all Shikar sticks. Stay with me.
I have five of the mini sticks. I run three step aiders with them.These are for Kansas or run and gun in South Carolina. I also have four 20" Shikar sticks with both single and double step aiders. Those sticks are good for trees in Kansas, mostly crooked trees where aider don't work so well.

So, the mini sticks are getting me 5 feet per stick and aider. One mini stick is 1 lb. Do the math, most weight will be 4- 5 lbs, roughly. What I like mostly, is how compact the set up is. All these used with Genesis 3d printing's versa hangers with the stick mules for shikar sticks.

I've tried a lot of sticks and aiders. For ME, this is as good as is gets. Those super long walks in Kansas will be easier. The super small size and little weight is pretty awesome. I know in this game it's different strokes for different folks. With all the money I've spent and the time invested trying new gear- this seems to be it for what I do.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220212-172900_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220212-172900_Photos.jpg
    688.6 KB · Views: 164
  • Screenshot_20220212-173009_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220212-173009_Photos.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot_20220212-172956_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220212-172956_Photos.jpg
    810.5 KB · Views: 160
  • Screenshot_20220212-172951_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220212-172951_Photos.jpg
    810.9 KB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot_20220212-172923_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220212-172923_Photos.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot_20220212-172934_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220212-172934_Photos.jpg
    698.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Finally! I’ve been waiting for a post like this. I’ve been thinking about getting the Shikar minis to climb too. Been hesitant waiting to see what sticks come out this year but don’t see a sticking coming out as compact as they are. Wild edge steps are nice but I trust an actual stick more

What aider are you using with you mini shikars? You said three step but which one? Thanks

Finally! I’ve been waiting for a post like this. I’ve been thinking about getting the Shikar minis to climb too. Been hesitant waiting to see what sticks come out this year but don’t see a sticking coming out as compact as they are. Wild edge steps are nice but I trust an actual stick more
For some reason, I couldn't download the pictures I took. Man I promise those sticks are super small, super light weight. Now, the are expensive and the Out on a Limb aiders are 50 bucks each for the four step aiders, I believe. But my are they worth it.

What aider are you using with you mini shikars? You said three step but which one? Thanks
All Out on a limb aiders. They are made just for their sticks. I bought four 3 step aiders, four 2 step aiders, and three single step aiders.

For some reason, I couldn't download the pictures I took. Man I promise those sticks are super small, super light weight. Now, the are expensive and the Out on a Limb aiders are 50 bucks each for the four step aiders, I believe. But my are they worth it.
If it’s because the photo are too large you can screenshot the picture and then post the screenshot. A screenshot will be in a smaller file size. Man I’ve been really looking into them! The guy from Backwoods Mobil Gear turned me onto them

I put 4-5 with aiders in my bow hunting fanny pack easily. You will be blown away at how small, light, and compact they are.

Can a set fit into a backpack?
Oh a set of shikar minis will fit in a pack for sure, just watch that the standoffs dont tear up your clothing or pack but shouldnt be in issue if your careful. Dont even have to put aiders on all of them just use a moveable backwoods mobile gear aider.

Oh, sorry. I went back and fixed that. No joke, 10ft per stick would be awesome.
It was supposed to say just over 5ft per stick with aider. Thanks for saying something, bud.

On an optimum tree I could get my top step to 7 foot and on average 6-6.5. I'm 5'10". I used 2 small 16 sticks. My stirrup/aider method I'd say 6-6.5....with the right aider configuration u just limited by ur height and reach.

That's ok, this moderator's perfect setup is exactly the opposite of the OPs. Homemade single panel saddle, modified Hawk Helium one stick for climbing and and flat platform for standing. Been using it for several years now and couldn't be happier. It just goes to show, what's perfect for one may not be perfect for the next.

Therefore, for the rest of you feel free to keep searching . . . and spending. :tearsofjoy:

That's ok, this moderator's perfect setup is exactly the opposite of the OPs. Homemade single panel saddle, modified Hawk Helium one stick for climbing and and flat platform for standing. Been using it for several years now and couldn't be happier. It just goes to show, what's perfect for one may not be perfect for the next.

Therefore, for the rest of you feel free to keep searching . . . and spending. :tearsofjoy:
I thought that was a cruzer saddle you were running. Didn't realize it was home made.
But I will point out you did change your platform. So you did spend some money and change something.;)

I thought that was a cruzer saddle you were running. Didn't realize it was home made.
But I will point out you did change your platform. So you did spend some money and change something.;)
Its still a flat platform though . . .

To be honest though, I'm pretty sure that EDP from last spring was the last saddle gear I have bought and I'm not craving anything else right now. The rest of you are going to have to pick up my slack. :tearsofjoy:

Its still a flat platform though . . .

To be honest though, I'm pretty sure that EDP from last spring was the last saddle gear I have bought and I'm not craving anything else right now. The rest of you are going to have to pick up my slack. :tearsofjoy:

I am doing all I can to “pick up that slack”.

I will say the venison I eat is probably on par with high end Kobe beef from a total cost perspective. :sweatsmile:

Last edited:
Back