• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Will you be in a tree opening day?

Will you be in a tree opening day? (Pick up to 2 answers)

• Yes, I have the exact tree in mind

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Yes, but I have a few pre-set options

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Yes, but I only know the area I’ll set in, not the tree

Votes: 40 51.3%
  • No, I only hunt early season from the ground

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I’ll be in a specific blind

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I scout actively while carrying my bow

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Maybe, because I scout with my climbing gear ready

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Maybe, but I’d have to go back to the car for my climbing gear

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Maybe, If I need to do an observation sit

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I make no plans and answer to no mans.

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters

DelaWhere_Arrow

SH Member
With some seasons opening this week, I’m just curious who will be up in a specific tree or in a specific area, and who does what I do for the first few days of season, which is basically scouting with my bow. If I see hot sign or bump deer, I might set up on the ground or one/two sticks high, but generally I’m covering tons of ground the first week of season.

I will be 4 weeks after rotator cuff surgery, so I plan to do a ground sit and hunt with my camera. First time not hunting opening in about 10 years.

I"ll be in the woods, but tree or ground depends on weather and such. More than likely a tree. Super nasty out I'll be on the ground.

I was able to get 5 public SRT presets done depending on the wind direction I'll probably be in one of them. I carry a throw line so if I decide to move I can. I probably won't hunt my own land until the rut unless I just do an observation sit on the adjacent state watching some trails going onto mine.

I won’t be hunting opening day. Heck, I won’t be hunting for over a month after opening day. I can’t hit the woods until November :-(

Hells yeah!! Jumping next door for Connecticut opening day in mid September and then NY on Oct 1st.

Not sure yet. May have a beach day with the family. I do, however, have a new piece to hunt only about 2 miles from home. That is going to open up alot of extra hunts.

Only missed one opening day in like 15 years and that was b/c my niece got married in another state. No clue where I'll be, but I'll be

I'll definitely be in a tree on Oct. 4th, October 1st opener here in Michigan. Maybe I can slide out locally here after work on opening day but I'll have to play that by ear. With the cooler weather lately I'm definitely getting antsy.

Back