• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

deer hunting

1. L

Would you setup?

So, I’ve been hunting this area and yesterday I got on some deer (one in pic). My problem is this is all briar and thick cover with a field opening. The closest, and only, tree is the one in the pic. Kinda risky, but would you guys sit this tree?
  2. CharlieTN

1st hunt of the 2023 season and a few other firsts.

Some Firsts on this hunt: first opening day hunt in years. 1st public land deer. 1st hunt in the CGM Cobra saddle. 2nd bow kill Just wanted to share this entry from my hunting journal about my first hunt this year. I try to keep a record of what happened on each hunt, especially successful...
  3. vrosa12

PA/OH/NY/NJ/MD "Mountain" Hunting

Hey Guys, New to the Saddle Hunting website. I hunt out of a Lone Wolf Climber, however, I'm obsessed with deer hunting strategy and tactics so I figured I'd start a few conversations with some of the great hunters on this site. Mountain hunting has always intrigued me. We're not talking about...
  4. K

VPA Broadheads

I am looking to pick up some 150 grain, non vented, 1 1/8" cut VPA broad, carbon broadheads. Everywhere I am looking online seems to be OOS. Can anyone lead me to a site that I can pick some up in a pinch?! TIA
  5. Radar99

Florida Deer Hunting

HI all, I am moving from Illinois to Florida for a two year field assignment for work. I will be in living in the suburbs of Tampa. Does anyone here deer hunt in Florida? I plan to hunt anyway but, a little info or what to expect would be helpful. Thanks.
  6. USSHornet

Rubs and direction of the Buck

I am looking at the Tallest Rub I have ever seen (at my chest). I want to understand the direction this buck was heading and where he came from. So the rub ...was he facing the tree in the direction of the missing bark? Or like his forehead was against that side? Thanks
  7. Murph4028

Worst thing that's happened to you in the woods

What's the worst thing that's happened to you while hunting or in the woods? 4 years ago on Halloween I was hunting in Uwharrie National Forest. I was about a mile and a half back in an area I had never been to before hunting solo. As usual I stayed until I couldn't see anymore, packed up my...
  8. donnieballgame

What does Deer hunting mean to you?

Saw this video while poking around the Stika site, been thinking about getting some better cold weather/wet weather gear. Anyway after watching this I had to share it, if you have the time check it out. https://www.sitkagear.com/experience/place-of-peace
  9. Harleycharlie

Best whitetail hunting books???

Happy holidays fellow predators.... hope everyone has had a great season!!!!! My favorite books are “ whitetail advantage” and of course all of John Eberhart books. Chris Eberhart latest book was a good read as well. I have bought five or six other books on the subject ,read a few chapters...
Back