• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ring of steps

1. K

Carrying ring of steps to hunting location & up tree

Outside of in your pack, I am curious how people are carrying their ring of steps set up to their hunting location and up the tree? I am new to hunting & saddle hunting and am trying to figure out the most efficient way to do everything. As of right now, I am trying to make it so I do not have...
  2. B

Gear Dump! (Please Close)

I have a bunch of gear for sale. Everything is in used/excellent condition: Tactisaddle Adapt ( purchased 2020 and built for a 38-inch waist/with linemans and ropeman 1)........$149.00 Predator XL ( purchased 2020) with pack and upgraded shoulder straps (purchased...
  3. Shakeandbake

WTB EWO Ring of steps

Looking for EOW ring of steps
  4. M

Bullman Outdoors Ring of Steps Sold Please Close

Purchased new October 2020. Only used a handful of hunts. 8 foot strap. $70 shipped lower 48.
  5. S

WTB ring of steps or Squirrel steps

Looking to try a ring of step or Squirrel step setup. Let me know if you have one for sale.
  6. L

Squirrel Steps. PLEASE CLOSE.

NEW, never been hunted Squirrel Steps. 10 steps and 10 OCB straps. ASAT Step Satchel. All purchased from Dano, Eastern Woods Outdoors. I have photos, but unable to download to this page. PM if interested and I'll get you the necessary pics. $325 TYD. PayPal.
  7. Vorsteg

Ameristep ROS (6)

Ameristep ROS (6) Non-recall OCB strap Will accept paypal f/f $150 tyd
  8. Kysaddlekiller

Aluminum step ROS

I have 4 aluminum steps on a cam buckle strap for sale as a ROS. I’m honestly not sure what brand they are. The guy I got them from on here said they were ameristeps but I can’t find anything about ameristep making aluminum steps. They appear similar to squirrel steps but still have differences...
  9. M

HD shelf bracket for ring of steps

Any thoughts on using something like this for a step in a ring of steps? says its rated to 1000lbs. figured putting a piece of flat horizontal behind it where it would attach to the tree to keep it from falling over/torquing. Granted its going to be clunky, possibly noisy if banging around, has...
  10. kidneystones_3000

Ring of steps

From the information I have gathered from what I read on saddlehunter.com and from YouTube videos squirrel steps are the best Ring of steps platform there is they are very light weight and very quiet. This is just my opinion but paying $26.00 for one step is way over priced for a very basic...
  11. kidneystones_3000

Ring of steps Platform

From the information I have gathered from what I read on saddlehunter.com and from YouTube videos squirrel steps are the best Ring of steps platform there is they are very light weight and very quiet. This is just my opinion but paying $26.00 for one step is way over priced for a very basic...
  12. DanO

SquirrelSteps (aluminum Ameristeps) available now! (ROS)

If you missed the "Calling all Ameristep Users" thread, you might not realize that we have a community developed aluminum Ameristep replacement now available. Through a lot of back and forth discussions and revamping of sketches between many members, my machinist was able to produce some...
  13. S

Platform Options for a New Guy

Hey all, I'm a bow hunter and I'm pretty sure I'm going all into a Saddle Hunting system as opposed to the hand-me-down climber I own for a few reasons, the biggest reason is probably the fact that it's hard to find a good climber tree with good sign in the public land I hunt. Now I have been...
  14. tibolli

John Eberhart's Ring of Steps?

John Eberhart uses a set of what appears to be a homemade ring of steps. Here is the link to the Youtube video I saw them in. Does anyone know anything about them? Are there any close up photos of how they are designed, how they work, etc..?
Back