• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

FAS PACK……reviews and thread for ideas

Buckhorn70

SH Member
I received my FAS PACK yesterday and wanted to pass on my initial thoughts. I also wanted to create a thread for ideas from owners of the FAS PACKS on Customization ideas. I will post of few pics here as they relate to size. Tethrd has some in dept videos on You Tube for a lot more information that I found to be more than accurate.

The FAS PACK looks to be of high quality with materials/stitching and zippers. I would say on Par with other high end pack manufacturers.( I own Kifaru and Eberlestock packs) The pack material was stiff out of the box but would become more supple over time. Quality is there on this pack and time will tell. Love all the Molle loops as well. Makes the pack very modular.

Size and Weight…. My scale read 2.9lbs bare pack, 3.3 lbs with HDPE/aluminum back stay. 4.3 lbs with predator pack/back stays and 2extra compression straps. You can see the measurements on the pics I will post here. Pack is not large but is it large enough? That will be a personal decision. I want a pack to handle my 2 hour sits early season and my all day rut sits. Jury is still out of it will handle my needs in regards to size. Pack has more than enough room to handle all my basic hunting items… calls, flashlights, charging packs, gloves, extra releases and so on. All day rut sits in cold weather is my concern as I add….. extra cold weather layers, Tupperware box for a couple sandwiches, couple bottles of water and so on. Those items fill a pack fast. Using the predator pack as a compression panel and the compression straps will help with these extra items. I will have to test run to see if it will work for me……. I will do that over the next week.

Pack with the money?? It’s up to the user…… if you are happy with a Walmart Pack then probably not. A perfect pack is high on my list so I will pay a premium to find it. If the Fas Pack doesn’t work out I will just go back to my Eberlestock X2 until something better comes along.

Predator platform Pack… works great with this pack for the platform and as a compression panel.Climbing sticks lash-up nicely on the pack as well.

They did a great job with the side pockets in regards to size and function. Like the way the lash strap goes thru the side pocket. As for the stretchy side pocket…. Wish they would have put a little bungee loop/clasp to keep it somewhat closed to prevent things from possibly falling out while traversing thru the woods.

Improvements I think they could make…… find a way to make it fleece vs cordura. Scale the pack up in size about 10-20 percent. Find a way to keep the pack off your back like the Eberlestock X2 for warmer/sweaty days.(I hunt a lot on 70 degree days). Put a latch/loop on the side stretchy pockets.

just some of my thoughts.Owners feel free to add…..EB11392A-F4DA-4E76-A83E-A781024A6B51.jpeg4932F128-0894-412B-9D37-1EFF438698DB.jpeg6899B379-D190-4F22-8D89-98876726F024.jpegFD3F121F-12EC-4DA1-A15C-9FBB7EF89369.jpegA34CDF76-7A79-4DFF-B33E-9E5AA14C114A.jpeg

Last edited:
Great review! Thanks for the real time pics that really puts the pack in perspective. Hopingto pic up a used one in the future

Here is all I have to show for now.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20221223_005310_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20221223_005310_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 197
With your platform on the back does it pull a lot on the pack? Just wondering if it pulls downward

How do you guys plan on putting sticks to pack?

Im running 3 Skeletors and couldn’t seem then to sit tight vertical on the predator pack. Thought about maybe laying them horizontal between the pred and FAS pack.

also ordered some Pack talons to see if that will help

In one of the videos one of the Tethrd guys suggested there was something under the patch. Anyone look?

In one of the videos one of the Tethrd guys suggested there was something under the patch. Anyone look?

Just a Velcro patch with “Tethrd” printed On the Velcro. The leather Tethrd patch covers the Velcro. Nothing Special as far as function.

Great review, I looked over the videos on Tethrd's YT channel and the pack looks very promising. I'm currently running a Badlands pack and love it but the modularity of the molle interests me. I'm going to keep a close eye on this thread to see how everyone else feels about the FAS pack.

How does it wear? Does it ride high like some of the eberlestock packs?

It looks like less columns of laser cut molle than what’s advertised on the site.

Definitely has way less molle cuts. Which I guess only the three in the middle are the only usable ones.

566a7ffbf85e66d5a7714e8658c00e4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does it wear? Does it ride high like some of the eberlestock packs?
Once straps are tightened to comfort it definitely rode higher up like the bandit IMO. But mine was only loaded with a predator. Not much sag which I took as a good thing.

How many are on the side panel? I think all 5 would be usable looking at this video considering they use the tri-glides for attachment instead of 1” webbing straps.

30d56ac2dd763571661fed4f01454c3e.jpg

Got mine in today. The only negative, or thing that could be improved on is the back pack straps. The part that buckles across the chest is very high on the chest… if the padded straps came down lower, then the chest buckle could be 3-4 inches lower. The extra buckle strap that came with the compression kit works fine as a waist strap. It fits around my lower stomach just fine. It’s not too high up.

If you use the predator pack on the front, the molle cuts on the front are useless, imo. There’s molle all over the front of the predator pack.

e501805fdb82185665525ba4be57ac3d.jpg

Looks to me like the best way to attach sticks is to the front of the predator pack, instead of using the loops on the side of the main pack. I do have my seeker mini inside the predator pack. It seems you can secure them tighter this way compared to using the main pack loops. You could add one more strap to the bottom to secure the sticks more at the bottom. They wouldn’t move at all then.

31d01f3229a599e8aeba469fcd048871.jpg

Last edited:
Back