• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My solution for carrying wild edge steps

This is awesome. I've been struggling with same issues. Think we could get a couple close up pics of the holster and how it's attached to your bag?

Any chance this could work carrying 7 of them? That's typically how many I use.

So basically all I did to make this is use a heat gun, laid the steps on a sheet of kydex, and shape it by hand little by little. After I had the triangle shape and it cradled the steps well, I took another piece of kydex and shaped it to fit the inside. After all that I trimmed away what wasn't needed and attached the step retainer piece on the front with Chicago screws. Then I drilled two holes at the bottom and one at the top for attachment points to the bag. On the bag, I used a fabric rivet tool to make the attachment holes and used Chicago screws to mount it to the bag. Rivets would also work fine. After everything lined up I took it off and super glued 10, 36lb pulling force rare earth magnets to the back of the holster and covered everything with stealth strips. The reason you need that many magnets is because the steps could slide out of reach of the magnets when I only used a few. With 10 they don't move at all until I want to remove them. Then I reattached them and it was done. I've been using this for a while now and it's held up fine and will last a really long time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190822-205405.png
    Screenshot_20190822-205405.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot_20190822-205410.png
    Screenshot_20190822-205410.png
    849 KB · Views: 141
  • Screenshot_20190822-205414.png
    Screenshot_20190822-205414.png
    1 MB · Views: 139
  • Screenshot_20190822-205420.png
    Screenshot_20190822-205420.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
  • Screenshot_20190822-205424.png
    Screenshot_20190822-205424.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 143
Man this is awesome!! Now I guess I have a project to work on for the next 24 days till season starts that was my only gripe about the steps was the bag and carrying them. Wish you had taken photos as you were building is as I am a visual but I’m going to try and do this. Thanks for sharing!

Man this is awesome!! Now I guess I have a project to work on for the next 24 days till season starts that was my only gripe about the steps was the bag and carrying them. Wish you had taken photos as you were building is as I am a visual but I’m going to try and do this. Thanks for sharing!

You can do this. It's not that bad. What will definitely help you in shaping the kydex is 2 pieces of 2x4 that are a few inches long to hel you shape the lips of the holster and hold them in place for a minute while the kydex stiffens back up. Yeah I'm bad about taking pics as I go. I get wrapped up in what I'm doing and just need it to be done and working haha

The cool thing about kydex is if you screw up just reheat and try again. Took me a lot of tries to get it right.

Back