• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Slingpredator06

Hey everyone. New guy here and this is my first post. A little about me; Ive been saddle hunting for about 10 years, have lived in and hunted in 8 different states ranging from Texas all the way to the east coast, and Iike most saddle hunters, I love to be innovative and find better new ways to make my favorite hobby that much better. I am new to this site but have been looking around on here for a while and must say there is a lot of knowledge here and great ideas. With that being said I would like to get some honest feedback on a product I have been developing for a while now. Yes, its a climbing stick and I know some of you are thinking man that's been done to death lol but hear me out. I cant disclose every detail or what it looks like as its in the early stages of a patent and manufacturers are being presented with the working prototype. But heres a list of the pros and cons of the stick. This stick was primarily designed for saddle hunters who are one stick climbers and those who would like to be but find one stick climbing too hard or time consuming. Looking forward to experienced based opinions on who would or would not be interested:

PROS:

- Can easily get away with buying and using just 1. No need to buy them in sets but they can be used in sets as well if that's what is preferred.
- Rugged design somewhat similar to a beast stick
- Can be broken down so small that it can be clipped to a belt or carried in a small backpack pocket but is still the size of an average stick when being used to climb (not a mini stick)
- No rotating parts to fail or break
- Plenty of foot room (no compromise on climbing ability even though its extremely packable)
- When using only one stick in conjunction with an aider, a 6ft tall hunter can be 12 feet off the ground on the first climb and over 20ft on the 3rd iteration.
- With minimal experience, a hunter can reach 20ft in 2 mins or less after the stick has been attached to the tree.
- No experience necessary with one stick climbing. Just about anyone can do it. No weird or funky techniques are needed to use this item.
- One stick serves as a complete climbing system. No need to purchase anything additional unless you want to add an aider.
- Very safe. No need to worry about undoing a strap or loosening anything during the climb. You will not be able to drop the stick.

CONS:

- Slightly heavier than leading sticks on the market at this time by about a pound when comparing 1 to 1.
- No rotating parts at this time so that means no folding steps (On this model)

I hope I haven't said too much lol but your opinions and equipment requirements are whats important to me in the development of the product. Thanks everyone in advance for the feedback!

This was an attempt to see if what I have made is appealing to others. The company I am working with is excited about it and thinks it will take off. My goal isn't to get rich because that probably isn't going to happen. My goal is to contribute to the sport and to make something useful that is affordable for fellow hunters. I cant stand how these big name companies only sell sticks in 3 packs or other certain configurations forcing the working man to spend more than they have to. As I said I cant post pics at this point. I was just looking for feedback. I apologize if its not enough right now but hopefully soon Ill have more to post. Thanks anyway

This was an attempt to see if what I have made is appealing to others. The company I am working with is excited about it and thinks it will take off. My goal isn't to get rich because that probably isn't going to happen. My goal is to contribute to the sport and to make something useful that is affordable for fellow hunters. I cant stand how these big name companies only sell sticks in 3 packs or other certain configurations forcing the working man to spend more than they have to. As I said I cant post pics at this point. I was just looking for feedback. I apologize if its not enough right now but hopefully soon Ill have more to post. Thanks anyway
I think the issue is that the difference between attractive and not probably lies somewhere in the stuff you cant talk about.

We hope so! Everything is appealing to a saddle hunter that’s why 99% of us have 5 ways up a tree and multiple saddles and looking for more every day! Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone. New guy here and this is my first post. A little about me; Ive been saddle hunting for about 10 years, have lived in and hunted in 8 different states ranging from Texas all the way to the east coast, and Iike most saddle hunters, I love to be innovative and find better new ways to make my favorite hobby that much better. I am new to this site but have been looking around on here for a while and must say there is a lot of knowledge here and great ideas. With that being said I would like to get some honest feedback on a product I have been developing for a while now. Yes, its a climbing stick and I know some of you are thinking man that's been done to death lol but hear me out. I cant disclose every detail or what it looks like as its in the early stages of a patent and manufacturers are being presented with the working prototype. But heres a list of the pros and cons of the stick. This stick was primarily designed for saddle hunters who are one stick climbers and those who would like to be but find one stick climbing too hard or time consuming. Looking forward to experienced based opinions on who would or would not be interested:

PROS:

- Can easily get away with buying and using just 1. No need to buy them in sets but they can be used in sets as well if that's what is preferred.
- Rugged design somewhat similar to a beast stick
- Can be broken down so small that it can be clipped to a belt or carried in a small backpack pocket but is still the size of an average stick when being used to climb (not a mini stick)
- No rotating parts to fail or break
- Plenty of foot room (no compromise on climbing ability even though its extremely packable)
- When using only one stick in conjunction with an aider, a 6ft tall hunter can be 12 feet off the ground on the first climb and over 20ft on the 3rd iteration.
- With minimal experience, a hunter can reach 20ft in 2 mins or less after the stick has been attached to the tree.
- No experience necessary with one stick climbing. Just about anyone can do it. No weird or funky techniques are needed to use this item.
- One stick serves as a complete climbing system. No need to purchase anything additional unless you want to add an aider.
- Very safe. No need to worry about undoing a strap or loosening anything during the climb. You will not be able to drop the stick.

CONS:

- Slightly heavier than leading sticks on the market at this time by about a pound when comparing 1 to 1.
- No rotating parts at this time so that means no folding steps (On this model)

I hope I haven't said too much lol but your opinions and equipment requirements are whats important to me in the development of the product. Thanks everyone in advance for the feedback!
How do you handle going around limbs?

Keep at it. You had me at packable, but lost me at heavier. I can one stick with any of the sticks on the market. Figure out how you can do the same in a smaller, lighter package. I haven't seen it done yet, but a guy could single stepp climb with a wild edge step and aider. Pretty small package, but the camming would slow ya down.

Yeah I hear you. I think an individual or company would be hard pressed to think of a way to make a stick more packable than mine and as you know everything is a trade off to a point. Me personally I'd exchange 1 lb of weight for something I could stow away that doesn't have the burden of a versa button or cam buckle and when in comparison to 3 sticks weighing between6-12lbs and this system requiring only one stick that weighs around 2.5 to me its a no brainer. But everything is shooter preference and you cant please everyone or make a perfect product with no cons. The objective to me is to just minimize the cons as much as possible. Cajunyankee, limbs can be negotiated the same way you do it when one stick climbing with a regular stick but with less hassle due to the unconventional mounting hardware of the product. Thanks guys

Obviously there would be a lot of interest b/c saddle hunters must have 12 climbing methods...... what are you’re plans for launch or feedback ?(guessing you can’t reveal much b/c of patents??)
I’m certainly curious about design

Yeah probably so. I am guilty of buying a lot of stuff that I thought was the answer to whatever problems I was having or trying to save time and 90 percent of them sit in my garage and are not for sale lol. The company I am working with has been a huge help so far in getting this thing off the ground. They have made it clear that they have my best interests in mind when I told them that the last thing I want is for a big name company to buy this and start selling it at astronomical prices. I told him if that's the case Ill keep it in house and sell it from a website on my own before that happens. What would be ideal for me would be to be able to sell it with some sort of a trial period so theres no risk to the buyer. Like buy it and if you don't like it send it back within 14 days type of thing. I am that confident that hunters will love it and the capability that it gives hunters who struggle with one stick climbing.

Yeah probably so. I am guilty of buying a lot of stuff that I thought was the answer to whatever problems I was having or trying to save time and 90 percent of them sit in my garage and are not for sale lol. The company I am working with has been a huge help so far in getting this thing off the ground. They have made it clear that they have my best interests in mind when I told them that the last thing I want is for a big name company to buy this and start selling it at astronomical prices. I told him if that's the case Ill keep it in house and sell it from a website on my own before that happens. What would be ideal for me would be to be able to sell it with some sort of a trial period so theres no risk to the buyer. Like buy it and if you don't like it send it back within 14 days type of thing. I am that confident that hunters will love it and the capability that it gives hunters who struggle with one stick climbing.
I'm going to put dibs as first product tester. I will be impartial and offer advice on how to make it better. You all saw it here :)

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Im working with a company that handles everything from acquiring the patent, presenting the product to manufacturers and existing hunting companies, etc. Yes generally its sell the idea outright which is what hunting companies tend to want you to do, royalty deals, or your on your own. Despite all that you still have to own the product and idea through a patent before anyone will work with you so they can secure that as well.

Back